Arroz con Pollo (Peruvian style). All Reviews for Arroz con Pollo (Peruvian Style). You saved Arroz con Pollo (Peruvian Style) to your Favorites. Peruvian Cilantro Chicken Rice (Arroz Con Pollo Peruano) -Chicken & Rice Recipe
There is some debate as to whether it originated in Spain or Puerto Rico. Arroz Con Pollo is a popular Peruvian Chicken and Rice dish. The rice has a rich green color because is cooked in cilantro. You can cook Arroz con Pollo (Peruvian style) using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Arroz con Pollo (Peruvian style)
- You need 4 cup of Rice.
- It’s 6 of Chicken thighs and breast.
- It’s 2 tsp of Cumin.
- Prepare 2 of Onions finely chopped.
- You need 2 clove of Garlic chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Yellow chilli paste (aji amarillo).
- You need 4 tbsp of Oil.
- Prepare 2 cup of Beer.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of Chicken broth or Water.
- It’s 2 bunch of Cilantro leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Frozen peas.
- It’s 3/4 cup of Carrot peeled and diced.
- You need 3/4 cup of White corn.
- It’s 1/2 of Red bell pepper.
- You need 1 of Black pepper to taste.
- Prepare 1 of Salt for taste.
Ingredients and cooking techniques are very similar to the Spanish paella; the richly flavored rice combined with chicken and cilantro give this dish a flavorful finish. Peruvian restaurant..so some critics say Arroz con Pollo or Arroz con Camarones is only a simple imitation of this dish combined with Asian influences; but the richly flavored rice combined with chicken or shrimps is a great example on how in the Peruvian cuisine local ingredients are merging with other influences. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, divide between the two skillets, and fry until golden. She cooked Arroz con Pollo a la Peru.
Arroz con Pollo (Peruvian style) step by step
- Season the chicken with the black pepper, salt and 1 tsp. cumin.
- In a medium-high heat pan put 2 tblsp of oil and fry the chicken only to seal it. When it is done set it aside..
- On the same pan cook the onions, garlic and the rest of the cumin. Add the yellow chilli, and cook for about 10 min..
- Liquefy the cilantro with a bit of water. Add it to the pan and let it cook for a couple of minutes..
- Then add the peas, bell pepper, white corn and the carrots..
- Return the chicken to the pan, add the beer and then the broth or water. Let it cook for about 30 min..
- When the time has passed, put the remaining oil and the rice in a pot. Take 8 cups of the cilantro broth to cook the rice. Let it cook for 20 min..
- When the rice is ready. Serve it with a piece of chicken..
Peruvian food is a little strange for me. The first dish I had was with raw fish. I cringed at hearing the words "raw fish" El arroz con pollo es uno de los potajes más populares de la gastronomía nacional y que muchos peruanos disfrutan. Las personas suelen comerlo acompañado de papa a la huancaína o salsa criolla y de bebida la más elegida suele ser la chicha morada o dependiendo de los comensales. Arroz Con Pollo (Peruvian Rice and Chicken) – Delicious Peru Food – Main Dishes -One of the best-known and loved of Literally translated Chicken with Rice, this traditional Peruvian recipe blends several basic ingredients in a unique way and the results are.aromatic, appetizing, and really savory!