Arroz con pollo (Chicken with Rice). Mama's Puerto Rican Chicken and Rice also known as Arroz con Pollo. This one pan dinner is made with homemade adobo seasoned chicken, sofrito and savory rice. You'll make this recipe again and again!
Make Arroz con Pollo tonight—everyone loves an easy rice and chicken dish. Turn to packaged saffron rice blend for intriguing flavor for this classic Mexican chicken dish, made even easier with frozen mixed vegetables. Authentic Arroz Con Pollo, or Latin chicken and rice, is the ultimate one-pot meal. You can cook Arroz con pollo (Chicken with Rice) using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Arroz con pollo (Chicken with Rice)
- You need 1 lb of long grain rice.
- Prepare 5 oz of capers.
- It’s 5 oz of green pitted olives.
- Prepare 1 can of mixed vegetables.
- Prepare 1/2 can of corn.
- You need 1 small of onion.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic.
- You need 2 oz of culantro.
- Prepare 1 oz of tomato paste.
- Prepare 5 oz of tomato sauce.
- You need 1 lb of Bone in Chicken breast.
- You need 5 oz of salt.
- You need 1 oz of pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of chicken stock with food colouring.
It's a classic Colombian dish that I grew up on that I now love to cook for my I season my chicken and rice with sazon, a common Latin spice blend. Bring to a boil, cover When rice is ready, serve in four plates; place a chicken drumstick over it and salsa criolla on the side. If desired, you may also add some of the juice. It is ANYTHING BUT basic in flavor!
Arroz con pollo (Chicken with Rice) step by step
- In a large pan sautee the choped garlic and onion until golden, add the tomato sauce and paste, salt, pepper and chicken stock and chicken, bring to a boil and cook chicken for 30 – 45 min until chicken is very tender and falls off the bone. Keep adding water if needed so that it keeps everything submerged..
- Take the chicken out of the pan and let it cool. Start threading the chicken and reserve for later..
- In the same pot where you have the sauce boiling add the rice and a bit more water just to cover 1 cm over the rice..
- Add the threaded chicken, capers, olives, the can of vegetables and the can of corn. Cook with closed lid until rice is fluffy..
Folks, this Arroz con Pollo is one to rival all others as it is so astoundingly rich in flavor thanks to a wonderful, full-bodied sauce that embodies the chicken and rice, and I also add in some of that classic Spanish sausage known as Chorizo into this dish as well. Arroz con Pollo is a classic Latin American dish, with each country—and each family, for that matter—having its own unique recipe. For mine, I like to use whole pieces of chicken (legs or thighs) that I season with chile powder, cumin, and oregano before adding the rice. Rinse the rice and place in a bowl. (Please check the ingredients list below). Season the chicken with salt and pepper.