Arroz Con Pollo (Chicken And Rice).
You can cook Arroz Con Pollo (Chicken And Rice) using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Arroz Con Pollo (Chicken And Rice)
- You need 8 oz of Tomato sauce.
- You need 1 cup of Or 6 oz Sofrito.
- It’s 1 envelope of Sazon.
- It’s 1 of as needed Adobo seasoning.
- It’s 1 of as needed Black pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of Capers.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Vegetable oil.
- You need 1 of as needed Seedless olives.
- It’s 3 cup of Rice.
- Prepare 4 cup of Water.
- It’s 1 packages of Boneless skinless chicken thighs.
Arroz Con Pollo (Chicken And Rice) instructions
- Season thawed chicken thighs with adobo seasoning and black pepper– you can use any type of chicken you like.
- Heat oil in medium to large pot – you will use this same pot to cook everything.
- Brown chicken in oil, about 5-7 minutes each side. Once browned on both sides set aside chicken (do not drain oil off chicken).
- In pot add capers to heated oil , i add the capers first so the flavors just burst!.
- Add sofrito, tomato sauce, sazon and olives (i love the green olives with the pimento, i add about 2 tbsp)… Let sauce heat up about 2 minutes, stir frequently.
- Once sauce is heated and mixed together add rice ( any rice will do, i use mahatma jasmine rice) and add water.
- Stir once— you do not want to stir the rice too much as it will become soggy rice.
- Bring to a boil , boil about 5 minutes.. Reduce heat and let simmer until water is absorbed– while the rice is cooking i like to shred up the chicken, for this particular meal i just cut it into small slices.
- You can add the chicken anytime , i like to add mine when the rice is almost done just because it makes for easier cooking time for the rice….
- Remove from heat and enjoy!!!.