Kerala Coconut Chicken Curry. Kerala chicken recipe – A simple & delicious dish made by simmering chicken in fresh ground kerala spice powder & coconut milk. Kerala cuisine is well known for its unique flavors, delicious taste & simplicity. This kerala nadan curry is no exception to it.
It goes well with pathiri, any sort of rice variants ( ghee rice, pulao, normal rice) and any Indian bread. I otherwise call this Red Chicken Curry for it's brilliant red gravy. Chicken curry well flavored with spices. You can have Kerala Coconut Chicken Curry using 29 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kerala Coconut Chicken Curry
- It’s 1/2 kg of kg Chicken.
- Prepare of To marinate.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Pepper.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Vinegar.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Turmeric powder.
- Prepare of To grind.
- You need 8-10 of Pearl Onions.
- It’s 5-6 of Garlic cloves.
- You need 1 inch of Ginger.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Fennel Seeds.
- You need of for curry.
- Prepare 1 cup of Thick coconut milk.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Coconut oil.
- You need 2 of small Onions chopped.
- You need 8-10 of Curry Leaves.
- You need 3-4 of Green Chillies slit.
- It’s 2 of medium Tomatoes chopped.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need 1/3 cup of Water.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Turmeric.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Coriander powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Cumin powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Garam masala or chicken masala.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Red chilli powder – adjust.
- Prepare of For Seasoning.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Coconut oil.
- It’s 4-5 of pearl onions sliced.
- You need 6-7 of Curry leaves.
This recipe is my evolved kind of nadan chicken curry. This curry, honestly, should have curry leaves, but I left them out because they are a rare ingredient for many people. They can be found fresh at most Indian groceries, and I love to use them when I get my hands on Adapted from Induget's Kerala Chicken Curry with Roasted Coconut and Spices. This is a Kerala Style chicken curry.
Kerala Coconut Chicken Curry instructions
- Marinate chicken with pepper turmeric vinegar and salt keep it aside for 1 hour.
- Crush coarsely all the ingredients mentioned under grind section.
- Heat oil in earthen vessel or heavy bottom pan. Add onion, green chillies and curry leaves. Stir fry until onions brown.
- Add ground mixture, saute until raw aroma goes away.
- Add spice powders and salt. Mix well for few seconds.
- Add tomatoes and cook until tomatoes are tender and mushy.
- Add chicken with 1/3 cup water. Mix well. Cover and cook until done stirring occasionally.
- Cook on high heat until gravy thickens. Add coconut milk, stir well. Switch off and cover the vessel.
- Heat oil in a small pan, add sliced pearl onions and curry leaves. Stir fry until onions are crispy.
- Add seasoning to curry. Mix well. Cover and rest for 15-20 minutes to allow flavours to set in.
- Serve with roti, appam, idiyappam, pulao.
This delicious Chicken curry goes well with chappathi, paratha, pathiri, steamed rice etc. Coconut curry chicken and vegetables: this curry has some red pepper in it, but feel free to increase the veggies! Simple Coconut Chicken Curry by Half Baked Harvest. Coconut Curry Chicken from Delish.com is a one-pot meal you'll want to make every night. This quick and easy coconut curry might be a bit untraditional, but trust us, it's delicious.