Arroz con Pollo (in electric pressure cooker). Arroz con pollo means rice with chicken in Spanish and it's been on my list to make in the pressure cooker for a long while now. So when I was sent a Bren now owns twelve pressure cookers, both stove top and electric. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
This Pressure Cooker Arroz Con Pollo recipe is a simple chicken and rice dish that is bound to make the whole family happy. It's a delicious Mexican recipe that's bursting with flavor and is crazy addictive, so be prepared to make this dish on a regular basis. Will Arroz Con Pollo Work in the Instant Pot? You can have Arroz con Pollo (in electric pressure cooker) using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Arroz con Pollo (in electric pressure cooker)
- Prepare 2 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breast – cut to 1" cubes.
- It’s 2 tbs of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 cups of bell pepper (green or red) – diced.
- It’s 2 cups of yellow onion – diced.
- It’s 1-2 of jalapeños – seeded and minced.
- You need 2 tbs of chili powder.
- You need 2 tsp of group cumin.
- You need 2 tsp of dried oregano.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 2 cups of brown rice.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of low sodium chicken broth.
- It’s 1 (15 oz) of can low sodium tomato sauce.
- You need 1 cup of frozen peas (optional).
- You need of ~Suggested garnishes.
- It’s of Chopped cilantro.
- It’s of Sour cream.
- You need of Lime wedges.
Here you go, Arroz con Pollo, made in an Instant Pot! My family's recipe for arroz con pollo adapted for the Instant Pot®! Made completely in your Instant Pot® or multi-functional pressure cooker, this arroz It's actually faster just to cook it on the stovetop in the traditional manner. Flavor-wise, it was all right but not spectacular as the arroz con gandules I.
Arroz con Pollo (in electric pressure cooker) step by step
- Heat pressure cooker on brown/saute mode. When hot add oil, bell pepper, onion, jalapeño, and all spices. Saute 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add chicken. Stir to combine..
- Immediately add rice on top of chicken, then tomato sauce and chicken broth. Stir only a couple times to combine. Close and seal lid. Ensure steam vent is closed. Set to poultry for 35 minutes..
- When time is up let sit 10 minutes. Carefully release steam. Remove lid. Stir in peas if desired. Return lid and let sit 5 minutes for peas to warm through..
- If dish seems a little tp thick/rice too sticky you can add about 1/2 cup extra chicken broth. Serve with desired garnishes. Enjoy!.
This was Great. would suggest to toss the rice in last after chicken has been cooking a while. I prefer not so mushy rice! This simple arroz con pollo recipe is a cinch to prepare with a few GOYA® pantry staples. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. My mother used to make this meal.