Bajra Cheesy Modaks.
You can cook Bajra Cheesy Modaks using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bajra Cheesy Modaks
- You need of For the Dough :.
- Prepare 1 cup of Bajra / Pearl Millet flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Water.
- It’s of Salt as per taste.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of Ghee for greasing the steamer plate,hands and plate.
- It’s of Oil for Deep frying.
- You need of For the Filling :.
- Prepare 1.5 tablespoons of Butter.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Garlic finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of Onion medium sized Finely chopped.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Green Onions finely chopped.
- You need 1 cup of Cottage Cheese grated.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of Ricotto cheese grated.
- You need of Mozzarella shredded cheese as required.
- It’s 1.5 teaspoon of Soya sauce.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of Hot sauce.
Bajra Cheesy Modaks instructions
- Heat a pan. Melt 1.5 tablespoons butter. Add 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic. Sauté until aroma released. Add 1 medium onion finely chopped. Sauté till translucent. Add 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions..
- Add 1 cup finely grated cottage cheese. Add 1.5 teaspoon soy sauce. Add hot sauce 2 teaspoons..
- Use grated ricotta cheese 2 tablespoons or as preferred. Cheesy filling is ready..
- Heat 1/2 cup water in a pan. Add required salt. Add 1 cup flour while water boils well. Mix immediately and see the flour is moist. Don’t pour too much water. Transfer the moist flour to a bowl. Keep mixing the hot flour until warm..
- The flour is moist and par cooked. By now, the flour is warm to handle. Knead into a smooth dough. Sprinkle water if really necessary. Divide the dough into equal medium sized balls. Grease your hands with ghee. Spread a ball on a greased plate into thin sheet as shown. Stuff the cheesy filling. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese. Shape them into modaks..
- I steamed few modaks in a idli steamer for 10 minutes. Deep fried few modaks in hot oil. Fry in medium heat by flipping sides for even frying. Take out the fried modaks. Drain excess oil..
- Cheesy Bajra Modaks (Indian Momos) in fried and steamed versions are ready. Serve hot.
- Note : Bajra flour dough wouldn’t be flexible as plain flour or wheat flour dough. So handle it with little patience. Shaping perfect modaks is really tricky with bajra dough. It’s healthy so needn’t worry about the shape perfection..