A Hot Dog Story.
You can have A Hot Dog Story using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of A Hot Dog Story
- It’s 1 each of Hot dog.
- Prepare 2 cup of Chicken stock.
- Prepare 1/2 medium of Yellow onion.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Butter.
- It’s 6 medium of Crimini mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Vinegar.
- Prepare 1 of as needed Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 each of Egg.
- You need 1 tsp of Olive oil.
- It’s 1 dash of Sriracha.
- It’s 1 of as needed Sauerkraut.
- It’s 1 tsp of Whole grain mustard.
A Hot Dog Story step by step
- I got home hungry from a hike with the dog. First thing, I moved the last I had of a batch of good chicken stock to the burner. I added a hot dog and left them to simmer..
- I threw some sliced onion in a pan with a knob of butter and started it off at medium..
- I cleaned and quartered the mushrooms and tossed those into the pan..
- Took a break to play some guitar..
- Back to check on progress, I found the stock about where I wanted it, just thick enough to glaze my hot dog. I rolled the hot dog to coat and plucked it onto a cutting board..
- I emptied the broth into the sautée and added a splash of my vinegar and a little water, then reduced to the thick broth I was looking for. Removed from heat. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/356567-simple-homemade-vinegar.
- Sliced the dog to fold it opened like a hot dog raft and placed it in a shallow bowl..
- Prepared a small non-stick on medium with a swirl of olive oil. When I could feel the heat 2 inches from the pan, I cracked an egg into it..
- Tasted the brothy sautée and poured it over the split dog..
- Flipped the egg, and pretty quickly, slid it out onto the split dog..
- Added some condiments: sauerkraut, sriracha, and a small dab of grain mustard..