Tangy sweet little smokies. Lil Smokies are such a classic appetizer. I don't know too many people that don't like them. They manage to show up at baby showers to weddings and just about any other event where Easy Glazed Little Smokies Recipe (sweet n tangy).
Super easy to make in the crockpot with These crockpot little smokies sausages are high up on our party food line up for many good reasons and guests can't enough of them! No need for grape jelly & BBQ sauce, these Lil Smokies come together just as easily with a extra bold flavor. Sweet and tangy little smokies are a required snack for game day. You can cook Tangy sweet little smokies using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tangy sweet little smokies
- Prepare 1 of large or 2 small packs little smokies.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grape jelly.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped onion.
- You need 2 tablespoons of minced garlic.
- You need 1 jar of chili sauce (i use a kind in a small round jar).
The crock pot does all the work for you so they are also a great for parties! Mix together BBQ sauce, cranberry sauce, Worcestershire sauce and Dijon mustard in a bowl and pour over little smokies. A sweet, tangy and fun party appetizer. The sauce was very rich and flavorful.
Tangy sweet little smokies instructions
- In a large saucepan add onions, garlic, smokies and grape jelly. Stir until mixed well. Cook for about 7 minutes stir frequently..
- Add chili sauce and mix well. Reduce heat to low and let cook for 30 minutes, stirring frequently, or until sauce has thickened..
- This can also be done in a crockpot. Mix all ingredients together and cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours..
Everyone I know uses just BBQ sauce and Little Smokies. I knew there had to be something better.this is it.. Crock Pot Little Smokies are cooked in a sweet, tangy, and spicy sauce and are great for potlucks as well as holiday parties. Go to any holiday party around here and you're likely to see a crock pot full of Little Smokies or Meatballs. They are super easy to make.