Bacon Wrapped Mexican Hotdogs. This version of Mexican hot dogs, also known as street dogs or Los Angeles hot dogs, is believed to be a riff on a similar recipe that Tightly wrap each hot dog with a strip of bacon until most of the hot dog is covered. Transfer hot dogs to an aluminum foil-lined. If you love hot dogs and you love bacon you will love these Bacon wrapped hot dogs Mexican Style!
Butter Brat style buns and brown on the grill. Wrap bacon around each hot dog and put on the skillet and cook until bacon is done (cook the bacon to your satisfaction) *the bacon usually sticks Put the bacon wrapped hot dog on the bun, at this point you may put the ketchup and mustard as desired. These Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs Are Perfect For Grilling. You can cook Bacon Wrapped Mexican Hotdogs using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bacon Wrapped Mexican Hotdogs
- It’s 6 of hotdogs.
- Prepare 6 slices of bacon.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 6 of hotdog buns, split and warmed.
- It’s 1 of avocado, cut into 12 slices.
- You need 1/4 c of sour cream plus 2 tbsp sour cream.
- It’s 1/4 c of salsa (I like medium) plus 2 tbsp salsa.
Before I share with you the recipe for these incredible tex-mex hot dogs, I wanted to let you know that I was recently interviewed by Food Lovers Website and I would love for you to go and check out. Here's a juicy, delicious and savory meal in a bun! I make these bacon-wrapped hot dogs for picnics, barbecues and tailgate parties, and they always get compliments. Bacon-wrapped hot dogs may be the quintessential street food of Los Angeles, but they originated in Hermosillo, Mexico.
Bacon Wrapped Mexican Hotdogs instructions
- Pat the hot dogs and bacon dry with paper towels. Wrap each hot dog with a slice of bacon in a spiral; secure the bacon at each end with a toothpick..
- In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil until shimmering. Add the hot dogs and cook over moderate heat, turning, until the bacon is crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer the hot dogs to paper towels to drain. Discard the toothpicks..
- Tuck the hot dogs in the buns. Top with the sliced avocado, sour cream and salsa and serve..
Some scholars (yes, people have researched. Lay out a slice of bacon on a silicon or wooden cutting board. One variation is to slit the hot dogs and stuff the inside with shredded cheese before wrapping in bacon. Wrap up your hot dogs with bacon to create gastronomical magic! Carefully wrap a piece of bacon around each sausage, starting at one end and using halved toothpicks to Delicious hot dogs wrapped in bacon and topped with beans.