Papaya salad. In Isan (and the rest of Thailand), green papaya salad is called som tum, with "som" meaning "sour" and "tum" referring to the pounding sound. Comeback for NEW Easy&Fun Asian Recipes Every Tue & Friday!! Visit My Website for Written Recipe with Step by Step Pictures!
I have eaten papaya salad so many times at this point that I needed to know how to make it at home. And before anyone jumps to the comments and yells, "Papaya salad is made with green papaya! Som tam is a popular Thai salad featuring green papaya and a spicy chili pepper dressing. You can cook Papaya salad using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Papaya salad
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of green papaya, julienned and soaked in cold water to keep firm.
- Prepare 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, cut into halves.
- You need 1/4 cup of roasted peanuts.
- It’s of Cilantro leaves (optional).
- It’s of Dressing.
- You need 2 of gloves garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1-2 of green or red chillies.
- You need 4 tbsp of palm sugar, diced.
- You need 2 tbsp of dried shrimps, diced.
- You need 6 tbsp of fresh lime juice.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tbsp of tamarind juice.
- You need 4 tbsp of fish sauce.
To make this tasty salad much easier to toss together, simply turn to your handy food processor or chopper. Birds eye chili, fish sauce, garlic, green beans, lime, papaya, peanuts, rutabaga, shrimp, snake beans, sugar, swede, tomatoes. Inspired by Thai street dish "Som Tam," we use ripe papaya (easier to find stateside) instead of the raw green papaya found in the Thai version and skip the dried. Green Papaya Salad (Som Tum) – healthy Thai salad with shredded green papaya, long beans, peanuts and tomatoes.
Papaya salad instructions
- In a mortar and pestle, pound the garlic and chillies until the garlic is slightly bruised. Then add the palm sugar, dried shrimp and half of the peanuts. Mash all together..
- Add the lime juice, tamarind juice and fish sauce. By this time make sure the palm sugar if already dissolved into the dressings..
- In a bawl, combine the dressing with the green papaya and tomatoes. Top with the remaining peanuts and some cilantro..
It's light, delicious and low in calories! Thai papaya salad is a flavor-filled dish that will make a great starter for a party. It is easy to make Thai Papaya Salad Recipe With Lemon Peanut & Honey Dressing, also known as "som tam", has a. Try papaya in a soup or lasagna; You won't be disappointed! The seasoning for papaya salad is very simple, yet I highly recommend you to get Also dried shrimp adds great flavor to papaya salad!