Indori Poha. Indori poha recipe with step by step pics. The taste of Indori poha is khatta meetha meaning sweet and sour. Fennel seeds are also added which give the poha a floral aroma and sweetish tones.
Indori poha and jalebi make a classic combination in Indore and is widely served by vendors in the morning. It's also a popular evening snack. Poha-jalebi is also popular in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, just. You can have Indori Poha using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Indori Poha
- Prepare 200 grams of poha /flattened rice.
- It’s 1 of onion chopped.
- You need of Few green chillies chopped.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- It’s leaves of few curry.
- You need 2 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of jeeravan masala.
- Prepare 1 of juice of a lemon.
- It’s of As required oil.
- It’s Pinch of hing.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of mustard seeds.
- You need 1/4 of th tsp fennel seeds.
- You need Handful of roasted peanuts.
- You need of As required chat masala.
- You need of As per taste red chilli powder.
- It’s of Pomegranate pearls(optional).
- It’s Handful of chopped coriander leaves.
Delicious poha from the streets of Indore with flavourful masalas. Click to Subscribe: http Poha Recipe-How to make Kanda Poha-Easy Indian Breakfast Recipe-Savory Flattened Rice. Indori poha is believed to have originated in Indore, India, where it is a popular breakfast delight. It's loved by the citizens of Indore for its taste and variety.
Indori Poha instructions
- Wash poha nicely drain out excess water. Now add around 1/8 th cup water and keep poha aside for 10-15 mins. Then take poha add sugar and salt and mix it well..
- Assemble all ingredients for tadka.Now take a pan add oil add hing then add mustard seeds, fennel seeds, green chillies and curry leaves let it splutter then add Turmeric powder and little salt..
- Finally add the already soaked poha and switch off the flame and mix it well. Now put in a steamer and allow to cook on steam for 10-15 mins. Switch off the flame..
- Now add jeeranvan powder,chat masala,red chilli powder and squeeze lemon juice. Mix it well..
- Now for garnishing,invert the poha into a bowl,then add roasted peanuts, coriander leaves, chopped onion, and finally add thick sev. You can add pomegranate pearls as well. I have avoided..
Indori Poha or Indori Pohe is one of the most popular snacks from Indian city Indore. WATCH VIDEO BELOW: Indori Poha Recipe – Beaten Rice Fry Recipe. (Please wait for a couple of seconds. Indori Poha is a type of flattened rice recipe that is likely to have originated from Indore. It is usually served with unique combination of Jalebi, Sev, Usal, sliced onions and fennel seeds. Indori poha – perfect balance of spices, flavoured with fennel, jewelled with pomegranates, hint of sweetness and an equally endless list of garnishing components that lends a unique touch to this dish.