Bataka poha(morning booster). This easy to make Poha recipe is best for light and healthy breakfast or an evening snack. Also called Flattened rice it tastes great with ketchup, green. Aloo poha is very popular breakfast dish in both these states and hence available in all local eatery in morning.
On weekends I cook aloo poha for breakfast. Mom is making poha for evening nasta. Batata poha recipe or aloo poha recipe – One of the popular snack or breakfast recipe from Gujarat and Maharashtra. You can have Bataka poha(morning booster) using 18 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bataka poha(morning booster)
- You need 1 cup of poha(flattened rice).
- Prepare 1 of medium size potato chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of cumin seeds.
- It’s 4/5 of nos curry leaves.
- Prepare Pinch of asafoetida (hing).
- Prepare 1 of handfull groundnut kernal.
- You need 1 tbsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of coriander-cumin powder.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ginger shredded.
- It’s 1 of big green chilli chopped.
- You need 1 of big onion chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 of small tomato chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sugar.
- You need Pinch of strands of coriander leaves.
- You need As needed of Pomegranate pearls and namkeen sev to garnish.
In Gujarati, many people call it bataka In Gujarati, many people call it bataka pauaa. Here lightly spiced potatoes are tossed with beaten rice and garnished with coriander leaves and fried. Maharashtrian batata poha is so wholesome and tasty that you can make it any time of the day, as breakfast or a simple snack. The potatoes and onions act as a soft and moist interlude to the chewy poha.
Bataka poha(morning booster) instructions
- Soak wash and strain poha in strainer and keep aside to dry well.next in pan take oil and saute cumin seeds asafoetida curry leaves and onion chopped.now put ginger and chillies and finely chopped potato and groundnut kernels(optional)pieces and saute till potato become soft..
- Now add poha to this and all masalas like turmeric powder,salt,coriander cumin powder,sugar and lemon juice and mix well.combine well all ingredients.add tomatoes and mix and cook on medium low flame for sometime finally off the flame take poha in serving plate garnish with pomegranate kernels,coriander leaves and namkeen sev.serve hot poha with masala tea and enjoy..
We also show you Gujarati style batata poha recipe. Lasaniya Bataka #Lasaniyabatakarecipe #Maincourse #Chetnapatelspecial Ingredients For chilli tomato paste: Boiled resham. This easy to make Poha recipe is best for light and healthy breakfast or an evening snack. Also called Flattened rice it tastes great. Learn about the Morning Joe show on MSNBC.