Chicken in soy sauce. Combine sugar, soy sauce, water, garlic, and ginger in a large stock pot; stir until sugar is dissolved. Soy Sauce Chicken or "See Yao Gai" is a quintessential Cantonese favorite, found hanging under heat lamps in many Chinatown restaurant windows. You'll find it near the poached chickens, roast ducks, and roast pork.
The flavor is exceptional, achieving by using the top quality premium soy sauce and poach at a sub boiling temperature. Other items hanging at the Chinese restaurant under the heat lamps are. Soy sauce chicken is a traditional Cantonese cuisine dish made of chicken cooked with soy sauce. You can cook Chicken in soy sauce using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken in soy sauce
- It’s 4 of Chicken Supremes or Chicken Breasts with skin on.
- It’s of Butter (as much or as little as you fancy).
- Prepare 600 ml of Double Cream.
- Prepare 3-4 tablespoons of Dark Soy Sauce (Pearl River Bridge recommenced).
- Prepare 600 gm of Mushrooms, sliced.
- You need 2-3 of large Onions, roughly chopped.
It is considered as a siu mei dish in Hong Kong. Another Cantonese dish, white cut chicken, often served with soy sauce dip, is more savoured for the taste of the meat. An easy recipe for baked soy sauce chicken thighs. This easy recipe for baked soy sauce chicken thighs is wonderfully flavorful and definitely keeps things interesting around here!
Chicken in soy sauce step by step
- Pre-heat oven up to Gas Mark 7, Electric 200C. Fan Oven 180.
- Spread butter generously over the chicken pieces and place in a casserole. Cook uncovered in oven for 45 minutes.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking, fry the onions and mushrooms and keep warm..
- Once the chicken is cooked, add the onions and mushrooms to the casserole and put back into the oven for 5 minutes..
- Meanwhile mix the soy sauce into the double cream, adding only one tablespoonful at a time and tasting until you get it to your personal satisfaction. Do not add more soy sauce after that point!.
- Add half the soy sauce/cream mixture to the casserole and return to the oven for a further 5 minutes..
- Add the remaining sauce to the casserole and return to the oven for a final 5 minutes..
- Serve with rice. Vegetables according to personal choice are optional. Carrots, beans, peas or broccoli go well..
Chinese soy sauce chicken is known as 豉油鸡 and it is a featured dish from Chinese Cantonese cuisine. It should be as popular as char siu when steamed with steamed rice. Soy sauce chicken is utterly delicious, especially when you dip it with the ginger and scallion condiment. The thought of it just sets my mouth watering. Soy Sauce Chicken – dark and glossy whole chicken dunked in a soy sauce mix.