Muttakose Simamullanki Poriyal/ Cabbage Carrot Stir fry.
You can cook Muttakose Simamullanki Poriyal/ Cabbage Carrot Stir fry using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Muttakose Simamullanki Poriyal/ Cabbage Carrot Stir fry
- It’s 250 grams of simamullanki/ carrots,finely diced.
- You need 250 gms of muttakose/ cabbage,finely shredded or chopped.
- You need 6-7 of pearl onions or shallots, chopped.
- You need 1-2 of green chillies, chopped.
- Prepare 10-12 of curry leaves.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of coconut/sesame oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of husked split black gram /urad dal.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- You need 1/4 cup of grated fresh coconut.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
Muttakose Simamullanki Poriyal/ Cabbage Carrot Stir fry instructions
- In a mixing bowl, add chopped carrots, cabbage, onions, few curry leaves, green chillies, cumin powder, turmeric and salt. Mix well and keep aside..
- Heat 2 tbsp coconut/ sesame oil in a wok/ karahi. Add mustard seeds. When it splutters, lower the flame and add the urad dal. Saute, till it turns slightly brown..
- Now add rest of the curry leaves to the hot oil..
- Add the cabbage, carrot mixture into the oil and saute on high flame. Lower the flame to medium and keep stirring occasionally. Cook till carrots, are slightly soft and cabbage is still firm..
- Now add the grated coconut, reserving a tablespoon for garnishing. Mix well. Cook for 2 minutes till carrots and cabbage are soft but have retained shape. Turn off the heat..
- Serve the Muttakose Simamullanki Poriyal, hot and garnished with grated coconut..