Onion curry with bajra rotla. Though bajra is grown only in certain parts of Rajasthan, bajra rotlas are relished all over the country. Thickly rolled bajra rotla are cooked over "kanda" (cow dung cakes) in the villages. That is the authentic way of preparing them because it.
Or you can serve it along with Baingan Bharta Recipe. Bajra roti recipe with step by step photos. Bajra roti is a tasty way to consume healthy bajra and when served with a spicy curry and a dollop of butter, it is just great! You can cook Onion curry with bajra rotla using 24 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Onion curry with bajra rotla
- It’s For of onion curry:.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of onion puree.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of tomato puree.
- You need 1/4 cup of crushed peanuts.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of crushed white sesame seeds.
- It’s 7-8 of small onions.
- It’s 2 tbsp of oil + for frying.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of mustard seeds.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- It’s Pinch of asafoetida.
- Prepare as per taste of Salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- You need 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cumin powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of coriander powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- You need as required of Water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of finely chopped coriander.
- Prepare For of bajra rotla:.
- You need 2 cups of bajra flour (pearl millet).
- You need as per taste of Salt.
- It’s as required of Water.
- It’s 2 tsp of Ghee for applying.
To make bajra roti recipe you need just three ingredients. Simple traditional recipe of bajra spring onion paratha recipe, hare pyaz ka paratha, green onion paratha with step by step Bajra Na Rotla also known as Bajra Roti is a plain and simple flat bread made from pearl millet flour/Bajra flour. Thattukada chicken + onion curry + parotta = the lip smacking street food combo! To make this curry, I simply sautéed the onions and then cooked them Add onions, and sauté, stirring occasionally, until soft and translucent.
Onion curry with bajra rotla step by step
- First of all slits the small onions. Heat an oil for deep frying. Deep fry all onions. Then keep it aside..
- Heat a kadai and add oil. Then add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, asafoetida and ginger garlic paste. Saute for a minute..
- Now add onion puree and cook it. Then add tomato puree and cook it. Once oil separates, add turmeric, red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, salt and garam masala. Mix it well..
- Now add crushed sesame seeds and crushed peanuts. Add water to adjust consistency..
- Now add fried onions and cook it for 5-6 minutes. Then add chopped coriander. Curry is ready to serve..
- For bajra rotla: Take a large mixing bowl and add bajra flour. Add salt and water. Start kneading dough. Make a soft dough..
- Divide the dough into two equal portion. Now make a ball and flatten the ball in between both palms..
- Heat an earthen tawa and place a rotla on it. Dab your palms with water and pat the rotla..
- Once water dries up flip the side of rotla. Cook another side evenly..
- Apply ghee on top side of the rotla. Serve it with curry..
Ingredients for Bajra na Rotla Recipe. Place the rotla on it, dab your palms with water and pat the rotla. Once the water dries up, flip the rotla and cook till evenly done from the other side. Repeat with second portion of flour. This rotla is eaten by Maharashtrians with a garlic or Bombay duck chutney.