Mashed Aubergine Curry with Pearl Millet bread.
You can cook Mashed Aubergine Curry with Pearl Millet bread using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mashed Aubergine Curry with Pearl Millet bread
- Prepare 500 gms of aubergine.
- Prepare 4 of big onions finely chopped.
- Prepare 3 of tomatoes finely chopped.
- You need 2 tbsp of garlic paste.
- You need 1 tbsp of ginger paste.
- Prepare 250 gms of Pearl millet flour.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of garam masala.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of chilli powder.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of coriander cumin powder.
- You need 5 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of asafoetida.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ghee (optional).
- It’s To taste of Salt.
- You need 1 cup of Water.
- You need 1 of udad papad.
- You need as needed of Masala buttermilk.
Mashed Aubergine Curry with Pearl Millet bread instructions
- Roast the aubergine on high flame. Turn the sides to roast evenly. Peel off the skin and mash it properly. Keep it aside in a pan..
- Take another pan. Add oil. Once the oil is hot add asafoetida. Then add garlic and ginger paste. Saute for a minute..
- Add chopped onion and cook for 2-3 minutes. Now add tomatoes and all the spices. Mix well and let it simmer for about 10 minutes..
- Now add this mixture to the pan with mashed aubergine. Add ghee and garam masala..
- Mix well and cook for about 10 minutes..
- Now take pearl millet flour and knead it well using water. Dough is ready..
- Take one small ball sized dough and dust some flour on chakla and make the bread using hand..
- Put the wooden tawa on high flame. Once the tawa is hot, shift the bread. Flip on the other side and let it cook. Now put it directly on the flame. The bread gets fluffed up..
- Serve the curry and bread along with masala cone papad, jaggery with ghee on top and masala buttermilk. Enjoy !!.