Hot Dog Chili Sauce. This hot dog chili sauce is a flavorful and hearty addition to a plain hot dog. This recipe makes a wonderful chili sauce for hot dogs. Just place a grilled hot dog in a bun and top with chili, grated Cheddar cheese, and diced onions.
Easy, hot dog chili made from scratch! Create this quick, southern homemade hot dog chili simmered with spices and broth and full of flavor. My grandmother lets her hot dog chili simmer all day and throws in fresh onions, garlic, celery, BBQ sauce, chili sauce and everything! You can cook Hot Dog Chili Sauce using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Hot Dog Chili Sauce
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1 (12 oz) of package hot dogs (the red kind, Jesse Jones, Curtis).
- You need 1 of large sweet onion.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 can of tomato paste (6 oz).
- Prepare 3 can of water (use the tomato paste can).
- You need 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1 of salt to taste.
- It’s 3 tbsp of ketchup.
- It’s 1 tbsp of white vinegar (or lemon juice).
Hot Dog Chili Sauce is made with ground beef, tomato sauce, and seasonings that you can customize to reach your desired level of spiciness! This Hot Dog Chili Sauce is so delicious and so easy to make. With just two steps you can have this simmering away in no time! Our hot dog chili sauce is a highly seasoned loose meat sauce that takes dogs to a whole new level – and it is perfect to add to your summertime arsenal.
Hot Dog Chili Sauce step by step
- Put onions in food processor and grind finely. You want the onions to disappear in the sauce. If you don't have a food processor, grate the onions as finely as possible. Set onions aside..
- Cut up hot dogs and place in food processor. It's OK if there's a little leftover onion still in there! Grind the hot dogs finely to almost a paste consistency. You may need to add some water. If you don't have a food processor, I don't know what to tell you. Grate them as finely as possible..
- Add onions (plus onion juice), ground hot dogs and ground beef into pot over medium heat. Break up the ground beef as much as possible while browning..
- When beef has browned, add tomato paste and stir until well incorporated..
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer at least 2 hours..
- Serve in buns over your favorite hot dogs with condiments of your choice. Our favorites are yellow mustard, onions, chili and coleslaw!.
Today I'm bringing you our recipe for hot dog chili sauce. The term "sauce" is used loosely here because we drain the liquid out when we top our. Chili dog is the generic name for a hot dog served in a bun and topped with some sort of meat sauce, such as chili con carne. Often other toppings are also added, such as cheese, onions, and mustard. The style has multiple regional variations in the United States.