Slow Cooker Coke Roast. This is the most popular slow cooker recipe on my blog and for good reason! You can use Pepsi or any other I've used Diet Coke and a frozen roast. Ashley,thanks for getting back to me so soon,my roast is still cooking smells so good hoping i will.
Add roast to slow cooker, sprinkle with onion soup mix and thyme; pour coke all around. Remove, and let stand before slicing. While roast is resting, carefully transfer the hot pan drippings to a skillet. You can cook Slow Cooker Coke Roast using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Coke Roast
- Prepare 3 lb. of boneless chuck roast (even better: prime rib).
- It’s 8 oz. of Coke (Pepsi is ok).
- It’s 1 can of Golden Mushroom soup.
- It’s 1 pkg. of onion soup mix.
- Prepare of Garlic powder.
- Prepare of Salt & pepper.
- It’s 1 package of baby potatoes (about 20).
- You need of Optional: baby carrots, pearl onions.
- It’s 8 oz. of sour cream.
We have added soda to our Slow Cooker Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork and Coke to our Slow Cooker Coke Ribs quite frequently. This time around, we decided No need to be in the kitchen cooking for hours. This tender beef is slow cooked to perfection the with vegetables and beef stock.
Slow Cooker Coke Roast instructions
- In the slow cooker, add Coke, golden mushroom soup, onion soup mix, and 1/4 tsp. garlic powder. Stir to combine..
- Sprinkle meat with garlic powder, salt, and pepper on all sides..
- In a large pan, sear meat on all sides. Not more than a minute per side..
- When the meat is browned, add to the slow cooker..
- Add potatoes on top of the meat..
- Add carrots and onions, if desired..
- Cook on low, around 8-9 hours. Meat should fall apart without much effort..
- When done, remove the meat to a bowl. Shred with two steak knives..
- Remove potatoes to the same bowl with the meat..
- Add sour cream to the fluid in the slow cooker, stir till combined..
- Move the meat and potatoes back to the slow cooker (or poor the fluid into the bowl). Mix to combine..
- Serve over rice or noodles..
With or without the optional gravy, this basic recipe makes a tasty and very tender slow-cooked pot roast. The slow cooker helps to achieve that fall apart texture. Remember you can't rush a pot roast. A can of Coke or Pepsi. a cup of water and some McCormick's Slow Cooker Savor Pot Roast Seasoning packet. I found the seasoning packet at Fred.