Taisen's chili cheese hot dog w/tots. Sliced hot dogs, chili, tater tots, and cheddar cheese combine to make an easy and delicious meal. I use canned chili for this Cheesy Hot Dog Tater Tot Casserole but you could use homemade. Thanks for stopping by to watch my Mukbang videos!
Easy, hot dog chili made from scratch! Create this quick, southern homemade hot dog chili simmered In the video I also show you how to make oven chili cheese hot dogs. Place some buns in a pan, squirt in some ketchup. You can have Taisen's chili cheese hot dog w/tots using 12 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Taisen's chili cheese hot dog w/tots
- You need 1 packages of frozen tator tots.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 packages of hot dogs ( any kind ).
- You need 3 of cans of beans ( I used northern and kidney beans ).
- You need 1 box of tomatoe sauce ( I used the 2 lb box , but you can use 2 of the 1 pound cans ).
- You need 1 packages of of hamburger ( I used almost 1 pound of meat ).
- You need 3 of garlic cloves minced.
- You need 1 envelope of McCormick mild chili powder ( less sodium one ).
- Prepare of chili powder.
- Prepare of black pepper.
- You need of velveeta cheese ( cut into cubes ).
- Prepare of shredded cheddar cheese ( I used a full block of cheese and shredded it ).
Cheesy Hot Dog Tater Tot Casserole. · For the best chili cheese dogs around, all you need is this easy Oven Baked Hot Dogs recipe. Loaded with chili, chopped onion, and melted cheddar, they're crispy on the outside but soft and savory dogs tucked into fluffy buns. They make the best chili cheese dog ever. Hot Dog Express has been in Longview for so many years, they still have the best Chili cheese dogs ever!!!
Taisen's chili cheese hot dog w/tots step by step
- Chop up your onion and garlic cloves. You can skip these if you don't want or like onion and you can use garlic powder if desired. Use garlic powder as needed..
- Start your chili by getting the beans , tomatoe sauce, garlic, black pepper, onion , chili powder and McCormick chili powder into a saucepan. Mix well and cover on medium heat..
- Cook your hamburger in a frying pan until no longer pink. I like mine small, but you can leave it in bigger chunks if you prefer. You can also leave out the meat if you want. I also add chili powder to this while cooking..
- Add your hamburger to the chili and mix well. I left this to simmer for about 30 minutes or so..
- Pre heat your oven to the temperature that the tator tot package says..
- Start cutting up the velveeta cheese. You can use as much as you like. Set aside..
- If you are using a block of cheese, shred that up into a bowl. If not, skip this step..
- Cook the tator tots for the time that the package says..
- Boil your hot dogs. You can skip this if you want, but I preferred to do this. Cut up the hotdogs into bite sizes. Set aside..
- Take out the tator tots and set aside. Turn the oven temperature to 350 ..
- Using a casserole dish , start by putting the tator tots on the bottom. Then add in your cut up hotdogs. Next , place the velveeta cheese cubes around the dish. Then add a little of the shredded cheese. Next , add in however much chili you want on top. This will also help melt the cubes. Last , but not least, add as much shredded cheese as you like on top..
- More pictures of the layers. Not the prettiest dish hahaha.
- Place this into your oven to heat up and melt the cheese. This doesn't take very long at all. I put mine in for about 15 minutes..
- Pull the dish out of the oven. Serve with a side or alone. Enjoy !!.
In fact all styles of hot dogs are good, there is no bad food in this place!!! Choose from the sizes below to see the full nutrition facts, ingredients and allergen information. Unlike the traditional versions where you cook the chili long and slow; this recipe is made in a short time. Once you top it on your favorite hot dog, you will know why making this homemade Instant Pot Hot Dog When it comes to a good old-fashioned chili and cheese dog, I want my chili homemade. This is my go-to for chili dogs or chili cheese fries.