Chili cheese dog with the works casserole. Yep, we made a chili cheese dog casserole, and it's even more incredible than it sounds. There are two all-American classics that we cannot live without: chili cheese dogs and casseroles. Bet you can guess where this is going.
If you've got a little more time on your hands, fancy it up by making your own homemade chili instead of the canned. Kids and dads alike will dive right into this hearty, comforting dish. In a large skillet, saute the green pepper, onion and celery in oil until crisp-tender. You can have Chili cheese dog with the works casserole using 21 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chili cheese dog with the works casserole
- Prepare of hotdogs.
- It’s 2 lb of hotdogs.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Heinz tomato ketchup.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of yellow prepared mustard.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sweet pickle relish.
- It’s 1 cup of sauerkraut.
- It’s of chili.
- You need 2 lb of ground pork.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped sweet peppers, yellow and red.
- It’s 1/4 cup of dehydrated onions.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of ground cumin.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt, more if needed.
- Prepare 2 tsp of minced garlic.
- You need 14 oz of diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 28 oz of crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of vegetable oil, the pork was very lean.
- You need 2 cup of grated sharp cheese.
- It’s of topping.
- You need 1/4 cup of cilantro, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 cup of onion, chopped, raw.
Stir in hot dogs; saute My family likes cornbread served on the side! Cook up the rest in a skillet on the stove! Cheesy Chili Dog Casserole is so easy and tasty! At times, I crave hot dogs, covered in chili, with cheese and tater tots all over!
Chili cheese dog with the works casserole instructions
- Preheat oven 425° Fahrenheit.
- Brown the oil pork with the onions and peppers added. Add cumin, salt, and garlic. Simmer for 7 minutes..
- Add tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, and tomato paste. Simmer, 10 minutes. Taste adjust spices to your desired flavor..
- In an oven safe dish lay the hotdogs across the bottom, break them if they do not fit..
- Add mustard, ketchup, sweet relish, sauerkraut, chili, and cheese..
- Bake 30 minutes. Let sit 10 minutes. Top with raw onions, and cilantro..
My close friend Julie actually chops the hot dogs into small pieces and mixes them in with the chili. Just as delicious and definitely worth a try! Chili Cheese Dog CasseroleThe Gracious Wife. onions, hot dogs, shredded cheddar, cheddar cheese, chili, rolls. The chili cheese dog without the bun is perfect for all seasons. This is one low carb recipe your kids will beg for.