Chicken Salad with Cashews. Everyone loves this chicken pasta salad loaded with crunchy cashews, juicy seedless grapes, and crisp water chestnuts, celery, and green onions. You won't go wrong serving this recipe. I think this is the best cashew chicken salad sandwich recipe around.
In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sugar, salt and pepper. The flavors and textures of sweet grapes, crunchy cashews, crispy apples and savory chicken make this a stand-out recipe for your next brunch or lunch. For a slightly different flavor, swap out the grapes, cashews and lime juice for cucumbers, sliced almonds and lemon juice. You can have Chicken Salad with Cashews using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Salad with Cashews
- You need 4 cups of Cooked chicken breast.
- You need 1 can of (small) Mandarin oranges.
- You need 1 can of pineapple tidbits.
- You need 1 Cup of sliced red and green grapes.
- You need 3/4 Cup of celery.
- Prepare 1/8 cup of diced onion.
- Prepare 1 cup of salted cashews.
- You need of Dressing.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of plain or peach yogurt.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of mayonnaise.
- You need to taste of Salt.
Chicken Salad with Cashews is an easy to prepare recipe with a hint of the exotic. For this recipe, I used unsalted cashews but salted nuts would be fine if you added less salt to the salad in the end. If you don't have a ring mold, you can use a cake pan with a hole in the middle (a Bundt pan works well). Succulent oven roasted chicken, juicy red grapes, crunchy cashews and celery dressed in a delicately spiced curry dressing.
Chicken Salad with Cashews instructions
- Combine chicken, mandarin oranges, pineapple, grapes, and celery in a large bowl..
- In a separate small bowl combine yogurt and mayonnaise. To make the dressing..
- Fold dressing and with the Chicken mixture in the large bowl..
- Serve chilled, and top with cashews on a crescent Roll, Chibalta bread, or homemade sour dough bread..
This is a welcome change from ordinary chicken salad, which is all too often dry and bland. Serve it for a fall picnic while the weather's still warm or over greens for a light dinner. The Best Cashew Nut Salad Recipes on Yummly Creamy Pasta Salad, Lemongrass Bean Salad, Asian Peanut Broccoli Salad. Which kind of salad are you looking for?