achiote chicken and rice in a sack. Added the chicken and some sauce to a bag, with extra OJ and marinaded overnight. Next day, emptied the bag into the crock pot and cooked on low for about four hours. I removed the liquid to a sauce pan and added the left over sauce from the day before, thickened with corn starch, and served it as a sauce over rice, and the chicken.
Place the seasoned chicken in the bag on top of the rice. The Best Achiote Chicken Recipes on Yummly Yucatan-style Chicken Fricasse (fricase De Pollo Al Estilo Yucatan), Arroz Con Pollo, Chaulafan De Pollo – Ecuadorian Chicken Fried Rice Process in blender the onion, garlic and achiote in some of the chicken broth (about a cup). You can have achiote chicken and rice in a sack using 15 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of achiote chicken and rice in a sack
- It’s of filling.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 4 quart of water.
- Prepare 6 of skinless and boneless chicken breast.
- It’s 4 of pearl onions quartered.
- You need 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1/4 cup of ponzu.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of onion powder.
- You need 8 oz of can of tomato paste.
- It’s 6 cup of minute rice.
- You need 3 grams of achiote paste I used Yucatan anchiote paste.
- You need of the sack.
- Prepare 1/2 box of phyllo pastry sheets 8 ounces I use Athens brand.
- You need 1 stick of butter quarter pound.
Heat oil in a skillet and fry rice on medium heat until lightly brown. Add the processed liquid and let it reach boiling point. At this point add half of the broth (hot) Simmer covered until broth is consumed. Bring lemongrass, garlic, ginger, oil, and achiote seeds to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium heat.
achiote chicken and rice in a sack instructions
- preheat oven 450°F Fahrenheit sliced the paste thinly put into water with all the spices, onions, chicken, ponzu , till chicken is done take chicken out shred the chicken put back into boiling stock add the rice stir in bring to boil stir bring to boil cover remove from heat.
- take the dough separate into four equal amounts take the dough brush with melted butter lightly the sheet you are going to put filling on roll tucking in the sides as you go put the last part of fold down on the pan brush top with butter bake 10 -12 minutes untill golden brown enjoy.
Reduce heat and simmer gently, stirring very occasionally, until oil is brick-red and. Whisk together orange juice, olive oil, lime juice, white wine vinegar, achiote powder, ground coriander, smoked paprika, dried oregano, ground cumin, a pinch of ground cloves, minced garlic, salt and black pepper. Next, refrigerate and marinate the chicken. In a medium saucepan, heat the chicken fat or oil. Add the rice and stir well.