Spicy chicken, lentil, kale soup. Soup so good we couldn't hide it in a can. Bring high-quality ingredients and flavors to your pantry. Spicy chicken, lentil, kale soup instructions.
Toss reserved onion, garlic, and peppers into a pan with olive oil. This Spicy Sausage Lentil and Kale Soup is protein-packed and full of vegetables. I have a soup recipe to share with you today. You can have Spicy chicken, lentil, kale soup using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spicy chicken, lentil, kale soup
- You need of Kale.
- Prepare of Chicken.
- It’s 1 lb of dry lentils.
- Prepare 1 of jalapeno.
- You need 1 of serrano.
- It’s 2 of carrots.
- It’s 3 stalks of celery.
- You need 1 of med sweet onion.
- Prepare of ~6 baby Bella mushrooms.
- You need 5 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Chile powder.
- You need of Cayenne powder.
- You need of Sumac (you can probably use a bit of lemon juice instead).
- You need of Paprika.
- It’s of Celery seed.
- You need 3 qt of broth.
- You need 1 can of diced tomatoes.
The title is a bit misleading because I actually didn't use spicy sausage, I just made the soup spicy. This spicy lentil kale soup is a hearty, delicious and pretty budget friendly. Made on one pot for easy clean up, it's like a little bowl of goodness for your tummy. Recipe: Spicy Lentil and Kale Soup.
Spicy chicken, lentil, kale soup step by step
- Dice all veggies relatively fine, reserving about half of the onion, all of the garlic, all of the peppers, and making a mirepoix with what's left. quarter mushrooms.
- Rinse lentils and put in soup pot. Add veggies and bay leaves..
- Toss reserved onion, garlic, and peppers into a pan with olive oil and carmelize..
- Deglaze onion pan with broth and add to soup pot..
- Dice chicken. Add to soup. Add leg and thigh bones if you have them..
- Add stock to soup..
- Salt and season to taste using the Chile and cayenne powders and paprika and celery seed..
- Bring soup to a boil. Let simmer till lentils are soft and flavors are married..
- Add kale in the last 10 minutes..
- Serve hot..
This soup will wow you with flavor and hearty goodness. For a cold weather warm-up, start with Henry and Ian's spicy lentil soup. Loaded with hearty, yet healthy, turkey sausage, lentils AND kale – this lentil soup tastes indulgent but will fuel you through til bedtime! This recipe, adapted from "The Alaska from Scratch" Cookbook," by Maya Wilson, transforms a brothy lentil soup into a spicy, warming main dish with the addition of fresh Mexican-style chorizo and chopped kale This simple winter dinner also features carrots, which grow unusually sweet in Alaska's summer light and temperatures, and are a root-cellar staple Sweet or spicy Italian sausage. Stir in kale, lentils, salt and black pepper.