Mamma’ s Chicken Cacciatore. Pour in wine, heavy cream, crushed tomatoes, and tomato sauce and stir to combine. Taste and add salt and pepper as desired. Serve hot and garnish with chopped parsley and parmesan cheese, optional.
Remove from pan to plate after browning. Add crushed tomatoes, bay leaves and additional Mrs. What an absolute pleasure it is to cook with the woman who first taught me how to make good food. You can cook Mamma’ s Chicken Cacciatore using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mamma’ s Chicken Cacciatore
- You need 8 of chicken thighs bone in and skin on.
- You need 1 of red pepper diced.
- It’s 1 of orange pepper diced.
- It’s 1 of yellow pepper diced.
- It’s 1 of small package baby Bella mushrooms sliced.
- Prepare 1 of small yellow onion diced.
- Prepare 1 (16 ounce) of can cento crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 1 Tbls of olive oil.
- You need 2 of dry bay leaves.
- It’s 2 of minced cloves of garlic.
- It’s of Mrs. Dash Italian blend seasoning to taste.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
On a recent trip to Naples, Florida I put "cooking with Momma" on the top of my list. In a deep skillet or Dutch oven, heat oil, and fry chicken on both sides until golden brown. Discard most of oil, leaving brown bits in bottom of pan if possible. Add Marsala and butter, and simmer.
Mamma’ s Chicken Cacciatore step by step
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper..
- Heat olive oil in deep sauté pan and place chicken thighs in and brown on both sides. Remove from pan to plate after browning..
- Add all veggies garlic and Mrs. dash seasoning to sauté pan and sauté approximately 5 mins..
- Add crushed tomatoes, bay leaves and additional Mrs. Dash seasoning to taste. Bring to a simmer and add chicken thighs back to the sauté pan..
- Cover the sauté pan and bring heat to low. Let simmer for an hour stirring approximately every 20 mins. Continue simmering one to one and a half hours low and slow. Chicken should be falling off the bone by then..
- Serve over rice or any small pasta you wish..
Mamma's is a Chicken takeaway in Accrington. Chop garlic, rosemary and parsley together and. add to the chicken along with the pepper and salt; stir well. Mamma's Food Truck transition to full operations is the culmination of a long, collaborative project to further take our 'LIP LICKING' deep fried chicken flavour across South Africa. p. Season chicken breasts with salt and cracked black pepper to taste. Remove chicken from skillet; set aside.