Potato Salad. There are creamy potato salads, vinegar-based potato salads, warm potato salads, cold potato salads, and a world of The potatoes you use will make all the difference in the texture of your salad. Potato salad is a dish made from boiled potatoes and a variety of other ingredients. It is generally considered a side dish, as it usually accompanies the main course.
Potato salad is a classic American comfort food great for any occasion. Try your hand at one of these recipes for your next party, picnic or potluck! Most potato salad recipes combine cooked potatoes, chopped onion, and other vegetables, sometimes eggs, and some type of salad dressing or mayonnaise. You can cook Potato Salad using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Potato Salad
- It’s 10 each of Small potatoes.
- You need 10 each of Small purple or red potatoes.
- Prepare 6 each of Bacon.
- Prepare 10 each of Pearl onion.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Thyme.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of Mayo.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Dijon mustard.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Bacon fat.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 each of Lemon juice.
- You need 2 tbsp of Lemon pepper.
- It’s 1 each of Lemon zest.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Water.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Paprika.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Cayenne.
- You need 1 tsp of Garlic powder.
Potato Salad Lyrics: Yo, now you gon' start me from the top? A potato salad recipe is perfect side dish to serve at a picnic or barbecue – choose from a mayonnaise-loaded version or a Jersey Royals in a simple dressing. Looking for an easy potato salad recipe? Find the best potato salad recipes listed first so you find the recipe you want fast.
Potato Salad instructions
- Cut potatoes in quarters and add salt, pepper and lemon pepper. Roast at 500°F until crispy brown about 12 min..
- Cut both ends off the pearl onions (skin on) and heat a sauté pan with a little olive oil and brown both sides of onions until dark. Set aside to cool then peel skin..
- Cut bacon into inch long pieces and brown in sauté pan until crispy (save fat)..
- Add thyme, lemon juice, lemon zest, mayo, Dijon, paprika, cayenne, garlic powder, olive oil, bacon fat, salt and pepper and water in a bowl and mix. Put mixture in color until very cold and then toss in potatoes until well coated and then pearl onions and then bacon. Then serve..
These fresh and tasty potato salad recipes are ideal for serving along any protein that's gracing your grill this summer. According to Organic Facts, potatoes contain a lot of potassium (especially skin and right underneath), vitamins C and B, and fiber. A Potato Salad you'll make again and again… This recipe is from the mother of a good friend, and thus I originally named this recipe in her honour, calling it Mrs Brodie's Potato Salad. Traditional Potato Salad made with Yukon Gold potatoes, hard boiled eggs, and a simple creamy dressing. This easy recipe has been a family favorite for years.