Chicken Afritada. This Chicken Afritada Recipe are slices of chicken cooked in tomato sauce along with onions and Chicken Afritada or afritadang manok is a type of Filipino chicken stew with tomato based sauced. Made rich and creamy from two secret ingredients, cooked long and slow until the meat becomes fork-tender. Chicken Afritada is another popular Filipino dish.
Before anything else, I want to greet each and everyone of you a Happy New Year! And thank you for all the support and God bless us all! Chicken Afritada. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. You can cook Chicken Afritada using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Afritada
- Prepare 1 of /2 kilo chicken (I used chicken breast fillets quartered).
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic minced.
- It’s 1 of medium sized onion diced.
- You need 2 of green bell peppers diced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of green peas.
- You need 2 cups of tomato sauce.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- You need 2 of potatoes or sweet potatoes cubed.
- It’s 1 of carrot cubed.
- It’s 1 of dried bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 of chicken bouillon cube.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of brown sugar or to taste.
- You need of Cooking oil.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
Chicken Afritada Recipe, also known as Apritadang Manok. Afritada is one of those tomato sauce This version of Chicken Afritada is much easier to make, we used Choice Cuts Chicken Legs, no. Chicken afritada is a traditional Filipino dish made by simmering whole pieces of dark meat chicken in a tomato-based sauce. You can prepare this stew entirely on the stove or braise it in the oven.
Chicken Afritada instructions
- Heat oil in pan and add garlic and onions. Cook garlic until light golden brown and onions translucent. Add bay leaf. Cook potatoes for about 5 minutes or until soft but not mushy. Set aside..
- Using the same pan/pot cook chicken in left over oil for 10-15 minutes or both sides are browned (I like cooking my chicken in oil to give it a crispy outside, you may skip this and just boil chicken in water until cooked)..
- Add carrots, peas, green bell peppers the cooked garlic, onions & bay leaf previously set aside. Pour water to deglaze pan add chicken buillon cube and simmer for another five minutes..
- Pour tomato sauce and let it simmer on low heat for another 10 minutes. Season with sugar, salt, and pepper. Remove from heat and serve with steamed white rice..
This local chicken recipe, the afritada, is sure to be an easy family favorite. There is so much to love about this hearty chicken and tomato stew. Afritada is a Spanish based Filipino dish consisting of chicken, beef, or pork braised in tomato sauce with carrots, potatoes, and red and green bell peppers. It is served on white rice and is a common everyday Filipino meal. It can also be used to cook seafood.