Sweet and sour cabbage with hotdogs. Sweet-and-Sour Cabbage Recipe photo by Taste of Home. In a large skillet, combine drippings or oil, brown sugar, vinegar, water, salt and pepper. This Sweet and Sour Cabbage recipe with bacon is loaded with flavor and will wake up every taste bud in your mouth.
Sweet and Sour Cabbage goes extremely well with Pork Roast, Leg of Lamb, Ham or Roasted Chicken. You can eat it either hot or cold. That should only take about one minute. You can cook Sweet and sour cabbage with hotdogs using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet and sour cabbage with hotdogs
- Prepare 1/2 cup of red wine vinegar.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 3/4 of large head of green cabbage chopped.
- Prepare 1 pound of hotdogs, I used beef use your favorite.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 46 ounce of sterilized jar with lid.
Season the cabbage with salt and freshly ground pepper to your taste, and enjoy! This Sweet and Sour Cabbage is a delicious crunchy stir fry made with a sauce that is similar to the sweet and sour sauce you get from Chinese takeout places… but without the In this dish, crunchy cabbage and browned ground pork are tossed together in with the tasty sweet and sour sauce. Sweet And Sour Cabbage Borschtgot no milk. Sweet and Sour Cabbage Rolls With SauerkrautFood.com.
Sweet and sour cabbage with hotdogs step by step
- Heat oil in a large pan when hot add chopped cabbage. Let it warm through..
- Add sugar and salt. Pour the vinegar atop the cabbage. Simmer 15 minutes stirring occasionally..
- Slice the hotdogs and add to the cabbage. You don't add any water to this recipe the cabbage makes its own juices. Stir the hotdogs in the cabbage and its juices, simmer 30 minutes stirring occasionally..
- In a sterilized jar add the cabbage and hotdogs. I use old pickle jars a lot. Let sit in the refrigerator after it cools to the touch. Let sit overnight or up to 6 months. If sealed you can probably go about a year or however long you keep your can goods for. If it didn't seal use within a week refrigerated..
Salt and freshly ground black pepper. Taste soup and adjust seasoning with more balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, salt and/or pepper. Serve hot with a dollop of sour. Meanwhile, quarter your cabbage, remove the core, and shred the cabbage with a large chef's knife. Add tomatoes, cabbage, undrained mushrooms, and broth to the pot and stir well.