Hotdogs, onions, and red cabbage. I absolutely love hot dogs, served with sticky balsamic onions and a crunchy, fresh slaw on the side. Find the full recipe on the blog. The Best Cabbage Hot Dogs Recipes on Yummly
Hot dogs are very popular throughout the United States. hot dogs are red, violets are blue. Just imagine if you've been served a jumbo I remember saving the paper and carrying it around just to smell the chili and onions. These dogs are mildly spicy and sweet. You can cook Hotdogs, onions, and red cabbage using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Hotdogs, onions, and red cabbage
- Prepare of ————-hotdogs———–.
- You need 12 of hotdogs, I used beef.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 2 of medium onions.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of seasoned salt.
- You need 1 tablespoon of honey.
- You need 2 cups of mild cheddar cheese shredded.
- Prepare of ————cabbage———–.
- Prepare 3 of medium Granny Smith apples.
- You need 3 cups of red cabbage finely chopped.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- You need 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 of large carrot shredded.
- You need 1/3 cup of raisins.
- It’s 1/3 cup of mayonnaise.
Serve this dish either for lunch or for a quick informal supper since the meat, the Place weiner pieces on a bun and top with the cooked cabbage and onions. Add a little mustard to the hot dog if you wish, and serve. Red Swiss chard (or rhubarb chard) has dark green leaves and reddish celery-like stalks. Any variety available in the market works for this main dish recipe.
Hotdogs, onions, and red cabbage instructions
- Cut the hotdogs into thirds..
- Remove the core from apples and shred the apples. Mix with lemon juice..
- Shred the carrot, mix with raisins, add the apples, mayonnaise, salt, and cabbage, mix together, and set aside..
- Heat a pan. Finely chop the onions and add to the dry pan, stirring quite often..
- When the onions have cooked for 5 minutes, add the vinegar and honey..
- Add olive oil mixing together all the ingredients in pan. add hotdogs..
- Mix well. When hotdogs are heated and coated well add cheese and cover. Remove from heat keep covered for ten minutes..
- Serve with the cabbage mixture, I hope you enjoy!.
Stir onion mixture and salt into cabbage mixture. The country's best loaded hot dog just got a lower-carb makeover. Ditch the bun and build your Chicago-style dog in a bowl with this clever Take all of the classic toppings—relish, tomatoes, onions and spicy peppers—and pile them atop a mound of hot dogs, greens. Line hot dog buns with a steamed or. sprinkle with chopped onions and shredded Monterey Jack or . take along on Picnics! Place chopped bell peppers, onions, and cabbage in large. and add enough hot water to cover.