Minestrone with pesto. This minestrone soup recipe with pesto is basically a day's worth of vegetables in one amazing bowl. A Veggie-Packed Minestrone With Pesto Soup Recipe. Here's an easy chicken minestrone with basil pesto!
This light and summery minestrone soup makes the most of springtime vegetables, don't forget a dollop of pesto on top. I love a good minestrone.so much veggie goodness, but so hearty, too. This recipe starts with just a little bit of all-natural I made the pesto with parsley, which I love, but feel free to use basil instead. You can have Minestrone with pesto using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Minestrone with pesto
- Prepare 1500 ml of stock or water.
- Prepare 45 ml of olive oil.
- You need 1 large of onion, finely chopped.
- You need 1 of leek, sliced.
- You need 2 of carrots, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of celery stick, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of potatoes, peeled and cut into small dice.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 of sprig fresh thyme.
- Prepare 115 grams of peas, fresh or frozen.
- You need 3 of courgettes, finely chopped.
- Prepare 3 of tomatoes, peeled and finely chopped.
- Prepare 425 grams of cooked or canned beans, such as cannellini.
- You need 45 ml of pesto sauce.
- Prepare 1 of freshed parmesan cheese, to serve salt and ground black pepper.
The Minestrone with Pesto recipe out of our category Vegetable Soup! The minestrone soup I've been serving for years began as Ina Garten's Winter Minestrone soup, but since I can't Pesto is packed with concentrated flavor, thanks to chopped herbs, nuts, and cheese. This fire roasted minestrone soup is like a huge in a bowl. Chock full of vegetables, fire roasted tomatoes and butter beans, the bowl is topped off with a delicious kale pesto that adds even more.
Minestrone with pesto instructions
- In a large sauce pan, heat the stock or water untip it reaches simmering point.
- In another saucepan heat the olive oil. Stir in the onion and leek, and cook for 5-6 minutes, or until the onion softens..
- Add the carrots, celery and garlic, and cook over a moderate heat, stirring often, for a further 5 minutes. Add the potatoes and cook for further 2-3 minutes..
- Pour in the hot stock water, and stir well. Add the bay leaf and thyme and season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat slightly, leave to cook for 10-12 minutes more..
- Stir in the peas, if fresh, and the finely chopped courgettes and simmer for a further 5 minute. Add the frozen peas, if using, and the chopped tomatoes. Cover the pan, bring slowly to the boil, bring slowly to the boil, then mixture for about 5-8 minutes..
- About 20 minutes before serving the minestrone, remove the lid, and stir in the beans. Simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in the pesto sauc. Taste and ajust the seasoning if necessary. Simmer for a further 5 minutes, then remove the pan from the heat. Allow the soup to stand for few minutes, to bring out the flavours, then serve in warmed bowls. Serve the parmesan separately..
Learn how to make Chickpea & Chard Minestrone with Pesto. I am sure you will like this recipe. #Recipesbyjafrisisters For watching more awesome recipes. This vegan minestrone is made with hearty kohlrabi and briny green olives. The soup is brightened by a fresh pesto, which is stirred in just before serving. Get the recipe for Green Minestrone with.