Salmon with Cilantro Pesto. This recipe is brought to you by our local Lighten Up Sponsor: @Cargill. The cilantro pesto can be refrigerated overnight. Bring to room temperature before serving.
We have plenty of cilantro in our garden so I had to give this a try. I could probably use walnuts as someone suggested or We loved this one. The pesto sauce was perfect with salmon patties. You can cook Salmon with Cilantro Pesto using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Salmon with Cilantro Pesto
- It’s of Sauce.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of fresh cilantro, chopped.
- Prepare 6 of minced garlic cloves.
- You need 1/3 cup of toasted pine nuts.
- It’s 2/3 cup of grated Parmesan Cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 3/4 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare of Fish.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of white pepper.
- It’s 4 each of 5oz salmon fillets.
I used non fat Greek yogurt in place of mayo added. Salmon Cilantro Los Angeles Area Christmas Soup Seafood Dinner Party Pesto Sauces Butter Fish Lime Juice Carrots Celery Onions Dinner Appetizer Weeknight Dinner Cream Comfort Food Pescatarian Main Dish Easy Chowder. Make the cilantro pesto: Place garlic, cashews, cilantro, Parmesan, and oil in a food processor; process until combined. Here, for instance, he grills salmon until the fish is crackling-crisp, then tops it with a wonderfully bright pesto he makes with cilantro — a staple of Mexican cuisine — in place of the usual basil.
Salmon with Cilantro Pesto instructions
- To make the SAUCE, follow steps 2 & 3.
- combine all of the ingredients in a food processor except the oil, blend until well incorporated.
- slowly add the oil until a thick mayonnaise type sauce is formed, reserve until required.
- To make the FISH, follow steps 5-7.
- brush the fillets with oil and season with pepper.
- grill the fillets over medium heat for 5-6 minutes each side.
- serve with a dollop of sauce on each fillet.
In a food processor, combine the pecans with the cilantro, cheese, stock, and vinegar and process to a puree. Prepare macadamia-cilantro pesto by placing macadamia nuts, cilantro, green onion, ginger, garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, and macadamia nut oil into the bowl of a blender. To serve, spoon some of the macadamia-cilantro pesto over the salmon, and garnish with two seared scallop pieces. Learn how to prepare this Salmon with Cilantro Basil Pesto recipe like a pro. Pulse until fine, pushing down on sides as needed.