Steak and Cactus Pasta. I love Latin food, and I love Italian food as well! So I figured for dinner I would combined the two and create something out of the As if you were shaving with the grain. Cut cactus into strips, then cut into bite size pieces.
On a recent trip to the Korean market, we spotted these pink cactus fruit noodles. We had no idea what they'd taste like or the best way to prepare them, but how could we resist giving them a try?! Today i made one of my favorite recipes i created. You can have Steak and Cactus Pasta using 23 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Steak and Cactus Pasta
- Prepare 2 of Cactus leaves.
- You need 1/2 cup of yellow onion.
- It’s 1/2 cup of red bell pepper, chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 of serano pepper, diced.
- Prepare 5 of white mushrooms, sliced.
- Prepare 2 of roma tomatoes.
- It’s 2 of thinly cut ribeye steaks.
- You need 1 of lime.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coriander.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped and packed fresh cilantro.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 3 tsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare 1 of box of shell pasta.
- It’s of cayenne pepper.
- It’s of Queso Alfredo Sauce.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 cup of quesadilla cheese.
- It’s 2 tsp of salt.
This is Steak & Cactus With Roasted Guajillo Pepper Sauce. This is a very simple and. Steak and pasta tossed together with pasta, spinach and a tangy balsamic-mustard dressing/no-cook sauce is my idea of summer eating. It's easy to make, you can serve it warm, at room temperature or cold and it's filling without being heavy.
Steak and Cactus Pasta step by step
- Preheat oven to broil..
- Place tomatoes in oven 7 inches below broil coils and roast tomatoes for 10 minutes on each side, until the skin starts to blacken and peel back..
- Place tomatoes in a zip lock bag, and zip close removing all air. Cover bag with a damp paper towel and let the tomatoes sit for about 10 minutes..
- Using your knife remove cactus needle by sliding knife across needles going upwards towards the round end of the cactus. As if you were shaving with the grain..
- Cut cactus into strips, then cut into bite size pieces..
- Take ribeye steak and cover with a sheet of saran wrap, and flatten steak using a mallet. Or you can use a rolling pin and roll the steaks out flat..
- Chop steak into 1/2 inch slices..
- Season steak with 1 teaspoon salt, ground black pepper, coriander, lime zest (about 1/8 teaspoon). And using your hand, massage the seasoning into the meat..
- Covet steak pieces with saran wrap and set aside..
- In a large pan, on medium-high heat add water, 1 teaspoon salt, and chopped cactus..
- Cook cactus for 7 minutes, or until water has absorbed and cactus starts to look like cooked green beans..
- In the same pan, still on medium-high heat; add 2 teaspoons olive oil, garlic, onions, red bell peppers, & 1/2 serano pepper. Cook for 2 minutes..
- Add in sliced mushrooms, 1 teaspoon olive oil, and cook for 3 minutes..
- Meanwhile bring a large pot to boil and add in salt… The water should taste like the ocean. Cook your shell pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water..
- Remove tomatoes from ziplock bag and peel the skins off. Chop the tomatoes and add them to the pan with the vegetables..
- In the pan with the cooked vegetables add in the chopped steak and cook for 5 minutes. Be sure to stir it occasionally to make sure that the steak can absorb all the flavors. Then turn the heat down to low and add in the other half of the serano pepper while you prepared your sauce..
- In a medium pot add heavy cream, pasta water, and butter on medium-low heat. Once the butter has melted add in salt, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper and cook for 1 minute. Then whisk in cheese until cheese has melted..
- In the same large pot that the pasta was cooked in, add in the meat and veggie filling, and the Alfredo sauce to the drained pasta. Stir; and on medium-low heat cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally..
- Let pasta sit on low heat for 2 minutes, add in chopped cilantro, stir, and serve! I topped ours with some crumble fresco cheese! 😃.
I've been making this dish since about, oh I don't know, circa. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt. Stir in undrained tomatoes, soy sauce and steak. Quorn Meat Free Steak Strips Pasta BakeQuorn. Cactus Food Steak Salad Fajitas Food Menu Steel Meat Beef Iron.