Chicken Parmesan, Easy and Light Version. Great recipe for Chicken Parmesan, Easy and Light Version. A quick lighter version of chicken parmesan, no messy breading. It is a really nice variation for summer cooking and eating!
Here are some ideas: Instead of pasta, serve your chicken with spaghetti squash or zucchini noodles. My version of chicken parmesan is a little different than what they do in the restaurants, with less sauce and a crispier crust. So easy and fast – fabulous use of bnls/sknls chicken breast. You can have Chicken Parmesan, Easy and Light Version using 21 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Parmesan, Easy and Light Version
- It’s 4 of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of SEASONING FOR CHICKEN.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of mayonnaise mixed with 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper and salt to taste.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of italian seasoning blend.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of grated parmesan cheese.
- You need 8 oz of cooked angel hair pasta.
- Prepare 1 of FOR SAUCE.
- It’s 1 small of onion, chopped.
- You need 2 of minced garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 1 of 15 ounce can diced tomatoes.
- You need 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper and salt to taste.
- You need 1/2 tsp of dry italian seasoning.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chopped fresh basil.
- You need 1 tbsp of fresh chopped parsley.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fresh sliced chives.
- It’s 2 tbsp of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s 8 of thin slices fresh mozarella cheese.
It came out moist & tender with the crunchy top – perfect. Served it on angel hair pasta with buttered italian bread. This is an easy chicken dinner the whole family will love! Made with homemade marinara sauce and melted mozzarella cheese.
Chicken Parmesan, Easy and Light Version step by step
- Combine all seasoning for chicken except mayonaise and lemon juice on a plate..
- Brush chicken lightly with mayonnaise/lemon mixture. Press seasoning mix onto chicken..
- Heat oil in large non stick skillet. Cook chicken breasts on both sides until almost cooked through, remove to a plate..
- Add onion and garlic to skillet, heat just a minute, add chicken broth and bring to a simmer, add tomatos with all juices, add pepper, red pepper flakes,italian seasoning and salt to taste. Simmer 4 to 5 minutes, this is not a thick sauce..
- Add fresh herbs and parmesan cheese to sauce. Ladle half of sauce on hot pasta, keep warm. Add chicken back to remaining sauce in skillet, cover each breast with 2 slices mozzarella cover with lid and on low heat cook just until cheese melts and chicken is cooked through..
- Serve chicken on pasta. Serve extra grated parmesan cheese at the table.
Serve it over pasta, zucchini noodles, roasted veggies or with a large salad to keep it on the lighter side. We all love this dish in my home. Make chicken: Prepare breading station with three large mixing bowls: one bowl with panko, garlic powder, and Parmesan mixed with a fork; another with the egg mixture; and the third bowl with flour. This easy chicken parmesan recipe with juicy chicken breasts in a crispy crumb coating topped with a rich tomato sauce and cheese and baked until bubbly! While this dish is often deep fried, this version is breaded and pan fried with just a little bit of oil and then topped with tomato sauce and cheese.