Sharon's easy baked mostaccioli. Cut smoked turkey sausage into cubes; sauté in skillet until brown; sit to the side. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat oil. Also known as Baked Ziti, Baked Penne, or Baked Cheesy Pasta as we like to refer to it, Easy Baked Mostaccioli is a hearty simple baked pasta dish made of tube-shaped noodles surrounded in meaty tomato sauce and melty cheese.
Tubular pasta with Italian sausage and creamy cheese. This is a family favorite dinner that makes amazing leftovers. This delicious Baked Mostaccioli is loaded with fresh Italian sausage, sweet onions, green bell peppers, minced garlic, and marinara. You can have Sharon's easy baked mostaccioli using 4 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sharon's easy baked mostaccioli
- It’s 1 box of 1lb mostaccioli.
- You need 1 packages of smoked turkey sausage.
- You need 16 oz of tomato and basil pasta sauce.
- It’s 4 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
It is then topped with fresh Parmesan, mozzarella and provolone cheese. Baked Mostaccioli can be prepped in advance, loaded in the refrigerator and baked at the optimum time. Baked Mostaccioli with easy, homemade meat sauce blanketed in three kinds of cheese baked to hot and bubbly perfection. This family-friendly classic recipe is a guaranteed crowd pleaser.
Sharon's easy baked mostaccioli instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut smoked turkey sausage into cubes; sauté in skillet until brown; sit to the side.
- Bring mostaccioli to a boil until mostaccioli is "Al dente"; around 10 to 12 minutes; drain.
- Pour mostaccioli into a 13×9 baking dish.
- Add smoked turkey sausage to baking dish and mix until turkey sausage is mixed even with mostaccioli.
- Add tomato and basil pasta sauce 4 ounces at a time to mostaccioli; mixing ingredients after every 4 ounces until all 16 ounces are evenly coating mostaccioli.
- Sprinkle 4 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese evenly on top of mostaccioli.
- Bake in oven until cheese is completely melted.
It's a full court press this time of year so if you're (a) having out of town company, (b) planning to feed more than a couple of people or (c) looking for. This hearty comfort dish is super quick and easy for any weeknight. These ingredient amounts aren't set in stone, make yours with more pasta and less sauce or we like our sauce so much that we use more sauce than pasta with lots of cheese. Add the beef, garlic, salt to taste, and the pepper and cook, breaking up the meat with a. Baked mostaccioli, baked ziti, baked penne—whatever you call this easy dish, if it's not a staple weeknight meal in your house, it should be.