Easy sausage and pork pastalaya. This weeknight winner features smoky sausage and shrimp with a kick of heat from Zatarain's® Creole Seasoning. All the flavors of a New Orleans Jambalaya – but served up with pasta. Pastalaya – Jambalaya Inspired One Pot Pasta.
This Shrimp & Sausage Pastalaya is a delicious Cajun style recipe that is sure to please and made for a perfect recipe onboard our sailboat. The classic flavors of a chicken and sausage jambalaya but in a quick and easy skillet pasta dinner. Variation: Mix and match the protein by using chopped cooked pork or cooked crawfish tails. You can cook Easy sausage and pork pastalaya using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy sausage and pork pastalaya
- You need 1 of pork tenderloin chopped an creole seasoned good.
- You need 2 lbs of sausage.
- Prepare 2 (16 oz) of season blend (onions,peppers).
- It’s 3 packs (12 oz) of penne pasta.
- You need 32 oz of beef broth maybe 1 or two of water.
- It’s 1 tbs of Creole seasons.
- Prepare 1/2 tbs of garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 tbs of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1/2 bottle of kitchen bouquet.
Every night the same question is asked in my house, "what's for dinner?" Pasta Jambalaya (Pastalaya) recipe: Cajun Pasta version of our famous Jambalaya. Next add all vegetables and dash of hot sauce. Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Pretty much any sausage will taste delicious in this super easy sausage and potatoes recipe.
Easy sausage and pork pastalaya step by step
- Brown pork in some oil for this pot I’m not gonna brown all the juice away from the pork like I do in cast iron pot so say bout 15 mins of cooking then add sausage an cook for 15 more mins ! If the meat puts gratton as we Cajuns call it that’s good don’t work once u put onions in it will all come up an that’s flavor !.
- Add holy trinity aka season blend an scrap the pot that looks burnt or Gratton I add lit bit of water at this process bc I had no grease left so add some if u need to, add seasons, an let smoother down till gets brown good !.
- Then add broth an 4 cups of water an stir good at this point u can taste the liquid an see if it needs more spice to your likening I added lots bit more of everything that’s me though, let it boil bout 10 to 15 mins !.
- Add noodles an stir good, let cook for 20 mins On a simmer I actually had to add four more cups bc the noodles kept sticking an they weren’t cooked through, penne an bow ties noodles always give me trouble may be different if I was using spaghetti noodles which I usually use so u want need that much water !.
- Like if u add more water bc the noodles ain’t cooking just add little bit more creole season an once it’s all cooked up cut the fire off and (the most important part) out the lid back on an let it soak up the smoke for 15 mins then it’s time to eat ! AH CEST BON !!!.
I used sweet Italian sausage since they are my son's Don't forget to PIN and share this easy oven-roasted sausage and potatoes recipe to make for a flavorful, easy. Making pork sausage meatballs takes mere minutes and is so easy. This is the perfect comfy, cosy weeknight dinner recipe. Jambalaya's cousin, pastalaya has become extremely popular in Louisiana according to my brother, a relatively recent transplant to Baton Rouge. The same flavors of jambalaya with pasta instead of rice, this makes for a hearty one-pot meal.