Roasted Red Pepper, Artichoke and Olive Pasta Salad. Great recipe for Roasted Red Pepper, Artichoke and Olive Pasta Salad. A delicious pasta salad with a creamy homemade dressing (no mayonnaise required!). Great as a main salad, side dish or take with you in the cooler for picnics! #nikicuisine Recipe source: Baker By Nature This Mediterranean Pasta with Roasted Red Peppers and Artichokes is flavorful and hearty without weighing you down.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Drain then rinse with cold water to cool the pasta. Toss the pasta into a large serving bowl then add the roasted bell peppers, grape tomatoes, sliced kalamata olives, artichoke hearts, basil, and diced mozzarella. You can cook Roasted Red Pepper, Artichoke and Olive Pasta Salad using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Roasted Red Pepper, Artichoke and Olive Pasta Salad
- Prepare 1 lb of farfalle (bowtie) pasta, cooked al dente.
- It’s 1/2 cup of kalamata olives *divided*.
- Prepare 1 cup of roasted red peppers (about 3 large peppers) *divided*.
- You need 1 of x 12 oz can marinated artichoke hearts, roughly choppped *divided*.
- You need 1/2 cup of fresh italian parsley *divided*.
- You need 1/2 cup of red onion, sliced very thin *divided*.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of capers.
- Prepare of Note: anything marked *divided* will be used for both the salad and the dressing.
- Prepare of For the dressing:.
- It’s 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of white wine vinegar.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of parsley.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of red onion.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1/4 cup of roasted red pepper.
- You need 10 of of the kalamata olives.
- You need 1/4 cup of artichoke hearts.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of crushed black pepper.
Add the cooked pasta, artichoke hearts, roasted bell peppers, olives, cucumber, onion, and half of the feta cheese to a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients and toss gently to mix. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine oil, vinegar, mustard, sugar and seasoned salt; cover and shake well.
Roasted Red Pepper, Artichoke and Olive Pasta Salad instructions
- Bring a large, salted pot of water to boil. Once the water is boiling rapidly, add the pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes. Start checking at 8 minutes, then keep a close eye after that as you don't want soggy pasta! Once cooked, drain and rinse quickly with cold water and allow to cool..
- While the pasta is cooking, chop the olives, peppers, parsley, onion and artichokes..
- Place all the dressing ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth..
- Place cooled pasta in a bowl and pour over the dressing (you may not need to use ALL of the dressing, refrigerate any leftover dressing for future use). Toss well..
- Then add peppers, capers, olives, artichokes and parsley and toss again..
- Enjoy! (Note: can be refrigerated for up to 3 days).
Can You Make Italian Artichoke Salad Ahead of Time? You can make some of this artichoke heart salad ahead of time. And the other ingredients can be prepped ahead if you like. I would recommend portioning out and chopping the artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers, and red onions. Salt boiling water and add pasta.