Easy Creamy Bacon, Asparagus, Tomato Pasta with Boursin (or Cream Cheese). I like to render it about a third and still have some pork fat left on the bacon pieces. I like to render it about a third and still have some pork fat left on the bacon pieces. Just add a dab at the end of the cooking process, let the heat melt it, stir it in, and there you go.
The tangy creamy cheese + the lemon juice and zest complement the asparagus well. The sauce is definitely rich, but the lemon really brings some brightness. A few minutes before the spaghetti is done, add the cream cheese to the pasta sauce. You can have Easy Creamy Bacon, Asparagus, Tomato Pasta with Boursin (or Cream Cheese) using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Creamy Bacon, Asparagus, Tomato Pasta with Boursin (or Cream Cheese)
- You need 8 oz of pasta of choice, boiled al dente and drained (I used spaghetti this time).
- Prepare of olive oil.
- Prepare 5 slices of bacon, cut into 1/3" pieces.
- It’s 1/2 pound of asparagus, woody part snapped off, and cut into 1.5-inch pieces.
- You need 1 pint of fresh cherry or grape tomatoes, halved OR 1 (15 oz.) can diced tomatoes, drained.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley OR 1 to 2 Tablespoons dried.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice.
- You need 3-4 Tablespoons of Boursin (any flavor) or cream cheese.
- It’s of salt.
Cook and stir, using a wire whisk, until the cheese melts and the sauce is creamy. The cream cheese may not dissolve completely in the sauce because the sauce is acidic but that's OK. Whisk in flour and fry for a few minutes whisking vigorously to prevent from burning. Put the Boursin in a small saucepan, with a splash of milk.
Easy Creamy Bacon, Asparagus, Tomato Pasta with Boursin (or Cream Cheese) step by step
- In a large frying pan, bring 1/2 Tablespoon olive oil up to medium heat, add bacon to the pan, and render the bacon to your desired doneness. I like to render it about a third and still have some pork fat left on the bacon pieces..
- Turn heat to high, add asparagus, and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Add another 1 Tablespoon of olive oil, add tomatoes, and cook the tomatoes for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Don't fear the high heat – the liquid and volume of the asparagus and tomatoes will keep things from burning..
- Add garlic and three-quarters of the parsley, stir to incorporate, and cook until garlic is translucent..
- Add pasta, lemon juice, and cheese, and stir or toss everything together. Give the cheese a minute or so to melt, stirring a couple of times in the process. At this point, you'll want to salt to taste. I used about 1/2 teaspoon. Didn't need much because of the salt from the bacon and the cheese..
- When the cheese is melted, give everything another gentle toss to make sure all the ingredients are incorporated, sprinkle the rest of the parsley on top, and enjoy! :).
Over a low flame, heat the Boursin and milk, breaking up the Boursin with a wooden spoon and stirring constantly to dissolve. Add more milk, continuing to heat and stir, until the sauce reaches the consistency you want. The hotter the sauce gets, the easier it is to dissolve. All you need is creamy, yet crumbly Boursin Cheese.. with Boursin Shallot & Chive cheese. Easy and full of summer flavors!