Chicken Parmigiana. The chicken will finish cooking in the oven. Layer each chicken breast with equal amounts of mozzarella cheese, fresh basil, and provolone cheese. Bobby Flay shares his recipe for Chicken Parmigiana.
In a small saucepan, bring the tomato paste, water, garlic and seasonings to a boil. Carefully lay chicken breasts on top of the sauce and completely cover them in grated Parmesan. Place lid on skillet and reduce heat to low. You can cook Chicken Parmigiana using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Parmigiana
- Prepare 2 of eggs or equivalent of egg substitute.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/8 tsp of pepper.
- You need 6 of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- Prepare 1 cup of crushed club crackers.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 15 oz of tomato sauce.
- You need 1/4 tsp of dried basil.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s 6 slices of mozzarella cheese.
Allow to simmer until cheese is melted and chicken is thoroughly heated. Place cooked noodles on a plate and cover with sauce. Place chicken breast on top and sprinkle with more. Pour the tomato sauce into a shallow ovenproof dish and top with the chicken.
Chicken Parmigiana step by step
- Spray 13×9 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray..
- Whisk eggs, salt, & pepper until blended. Dip chicken in egg mixture & coat with cracker crumbs..
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken. Cook chicken until browned on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Drain. Arrange in single layer in prepared baking dish..
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wipe skillet with paper towel. Combine tomato sauce, basil, & garlic powder in the skillet & mix well. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat..
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, until mixture is thickened, about 6 minutes. Stir in butter. Pour over chicken. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese..
- Bake, covered, for 30 minutes. Remove the cover. Top each chicken breast with mozzarella cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer..
BUT often times, chicken comes out too dry, or doesn't have enough flavour or seasoning. The sauce is bland, or cheddar cheese is used instead of mozzarella, etc. Make chicken: Prepare breading station with three large mixing bowls: one bowl with panko, garlic powder, and Parmesan mixed with a fork; another with the egg mixture; and. Dip chicken in egg; then in bread crumbs. Place slices of mozzarella on top of chicken.