Chicken Parmesan. Real Cheese People® Know The Best Cheese Is Real Cheese. Find Deals on Chicken Parm in Apparel on Amazon. The chicken will finish cooking in the oven.
Simple Chicken Parmesan is the perfect dish to lure kids into the kitchen – what kid doesn't like chicken tenders and spaghetti? And this dish is loaded with mini cooking lessons. With one simple recipe, kids learn how to boil pasta, mince garlic, grate cheese, make tomato sauce, and pound, bread and saute cutlets. You can have Chicken Parmesan using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Parmesan
- Prepare of Chicken breast butterflied or pounded thin.
- Prepare 1 jar of your favorite pasta sauce.
- You need 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- You need 1 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese.
- It’s 3 of eggs beaten.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 3 cups of Italian flavored Panko breadcrumbs.
- It’s 1 box of pasta of choice.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Olive oil, enough to coat the bottom of your skillet. Approximately a quarter of a cup.
Dip chicken in egg; then in bread crumbs. Place slices of mozzarella on top of chicken. Pound the chicken thin: Place the chicken cutlets one at a time between two layers of plastic wrap or wax paper. The main components of this dish, the sauce and the chicken, can be prepared in advance.
Chicken Parmesan instructions
- Combine your beaten egg and water into a flat dish, dredge your thin chicken breast in the egg water mixture..
- Next, coat the chicken breast with the Panko breadcrumbs. Set all the breast aside once all of them are completely coated..
- Place the chicken breasts in a oven proof skillet and fry until golden brown on both sides..
- Add the pasta sauce to the skillet with chicken. Place cheese on top of each chicken breast and bake in the oven at 350° for 20 to 30 minutes or until the cheese is dark golden brown.
- In the meantime cook your pasta according to package directions..
- Once everything is cooked it is ready to serve..
When you're ready to eat, simply assemble and bake. To prepare homemade breadcrumbs instead of store-bought, try Lucinda's simple how-to. From the book "Mad Hungry" by Lucinda Scala Quinn (Artisan Books). In a shallow bowl, combine butter, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and salt. Place bread crumbs and cheese in another shallow bowl.