Easy Chicken Parmesan w/ Penne. My version of chicken parmesan is a little different than what they do in the restaurants, with This recipe was really easy to follow & turned out great! I put a thin spread of sauce on the. This Chicken Parmesan recipe (aka chicken parmigiana) is a family favorite!
Chicken cutlets, breaded and fried, smothered with tomato sauce, and covered with mozzarella and It's easy and comes together quickly. In fact, it's hard to mess up! Chicken Parmesan is also one of the best uses I can think of for boneless, skinless. You can have Easy Chicken Parmesan w/ Penne using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Chicken Parmesan w/ Penne
- You need 2 lb of Chicken Breast.
- Prepare 1 of Heirloom, Beefsteak, and Cherry Tomatoes.
- You need 1 of Olive Oil.
- It’s 2 cup of Panko Breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 2 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 2 cup of Mozzerella cheese.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of Black Pepper.
- Prepare 3 tsp of Garlic Salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of Basil.
- It’s 1 bunch of Parsley.
- You need 3 large of eggs.
- You need 1 lb of Penne Pasta.
This is an easy chicken dinner the whole family will love! Made with homemade marinara sauce and melted mozzarella cheese. Served families over penne and mine over zoodles. Make chicken: Prepare breading station with three large mixing bowls: one bowl with panko, garlic powder, and Parmesan mixed with a fork; another with the egg mixture; and the third bowl with flour.
Easy Chicken Parmesan w/ Penne instructions
- Preheat oven to 375..
- Place tomatoes on a baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil, salt, and pepper over tomatoes..
- Let tomatoes cook for about 20 minutes..
- While the tomatoes are baking, season chicken breast with salt, pepper, and garlic salt..
- Dip each breast in egg, followed by Panko breadcrumbs, and then parmesan cheese..
- Brown on each side for ten minutes..
- While chicken is browning, boil penne pasta..
- Remove tomatoes from oven. Place in food processor with the seasonings, basil and sugar. Blend..
- Place chicken back in baking dish and pour your homemade sauce over the breasts..
- Top with parsley and mozzarella cheese. Bake for 15 minutes at 375..
Then for the "chicken parmesan" twist, I added in some shredded cooked chicken, chopped fresh basil, and lots of grated Parmesan. I know that traditional chicken parmesan requires you to bread and pan-fry the chicken. But I thought the dish already had plenty of flavor and texture without adding. The penne can be swapped with any of your favorite pastas. To complete the meal, serve with fresh steamed green beans and warm chewy Italian bread.