Chicken Parmigiana. The chicken will finish cooking in the oven. Layer each chicken breast with equal amounts of mozzarella cheese, fresh basil, and provolone cheese. Bobby Flay shares his recipe for Chicken Parmigiana.
In a small saucepan, bring the tomato paste, water, garlic and seasonings to a boil. Carefully lay chicken breasts on top of the sauce and completely cover them in grated Parmesan. Place lid on skillet and reduce heat to low. You can cook Chicken Parmigiana using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Parmigiana
- It’s 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 2 of cloves garlic, chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of fresh parsley.
- You need 1/4 cup of fresh basil.
- It’s 1/4 cup of fresh oregano.
- It’s 16 oz of tomato paste.
- It’s 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- You need of salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp of pepper.
- It’s 1 box of uncooked spaghetti.
- You need 1 tbsp of salt.
- You need 2 of chicken breasts.
- It’s 3/4 cup of grated mozzarella cheese.
Allow to simmer until cheese is melted and chicken is thoroughly heated. Place cooked noodles on a plate and cover with sauce. Place chicken breast on top and sprinkle with more. Pour the tomato sauce into a shallow ovenproof dish and top with the chicken.
Chicken Parmigiana instructions
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in large sauce pan.
- Saute onions 2-3 minutes until translucent.
- Add garlic and saute additional 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomato paste.
- Add chopped herbs, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Simmer and stir at least 30 minutes, the longer you simmer and stir the better.
- Once marinara is ready pour 1/4 cup onto foil lined pan, place chicken on top of marinara and pour additional 1/4 cup on top of chicken, sprinkle mozzarella on top..
- Bake at 425 for 20-25 minutes.
- In separate pot, bring 4 cups of water to a boil with 1 tablespoon of salt. Add spaghetti and boil, uncovered, 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Once spaghetti is cooked mix with remaining marinara. Top with finished chicken, take a picture and let me know what you think! :).
BUT often times, chicken comes out too dry, or doesn't have enough flavour or seasoning. The sauce is bland, or cheddar cheese is used instead of mozzarella, etc. Make chicken: Prepare breading station with three large mixing bowls: one bowl with panko, garlic powder, and Parmesan mixed with a fork; another with the egg mixture; and. Dip chicken in egg; then in bread crumbs. Place slices of mozzarella on top of chicken.