Crazy Good Tomato Soup. The tomato soup in this cake recipe adds something – but not a tomato flavour, at all. I used crushed tomatoes for added texture and flavor. Add in tomato paste and stir well.
The tomato soup in this cake recipe adds something – but not a tomato flavor, at all. You'd never know this cake recipe had any tomato in it. This tomato soup is excellent with canned tomatoes. You can cook Crazy Good Tomato Soup using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crazy Good Tomato Soup
- It’s of soup.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- You need 5 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Vidalia onion.
- It’s 2 can of crushed tomatoes, 28 ounces each.
- Prepare 4 oz of tomato paste.
- You need 1 tsp of Spanish smoked paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of chili powder.
- You need 28 oz of chicken broth.
- It’s 40 oz of hot water.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of black beans, cooked.
- Prepare 4 cup of quinoa, cooked.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of white pepper.
- Prepare 1 of piece of parmesan rind. About 3 inches long..
I love using whole peeled tomatoes or crushed tomatoes. By the way, we love San Marzano Tomatoes and "This is the best tomato soup, hands down!! Did not change a thing from the recipe and it was perfect. Make the best homemade tomato soup with fresh tomatoes with this quick and easy recipe.
Crazy Good Tomato Soup instructions
- In an extra large stock pot add the oil..
- Heat over medium heat..
- Chop onions to a small dice. Add onions and cook for 3 minutes..
- Mince garlic. Add in garlic. Cook 1 minute..
- Add in salt, pepper and spices..
- Add in tomato paste and stir well. Cook for 1 1/2 minutes. This cooks off raw tomato flavor from the paste..
- Now add in beans, rind, both cans of crushed tomatoes, and broth..
- Stir and cook until a low boil starts. Lower to simmer and add half the water. Stir again and cover..
- Simmer for 1 hour. Stir occasionally. Add extra water as it cooks and thickens. You will end up using most if not all the water..
- Taste for salt adjustments. Add in cooked quinoa and serve. Note: Cook the quinoa while soup is simmering. It won't take long to cook. I also will just add a 1/3 cup to each serving not putting the quinoa into the soup at all. It's your choice..
Crazy-good with just a handful of ingredients. Best Homemade Tomato Soup from Garden-Fresh Tomatoes. This exotic sounding tomato soup is fairly simple to make and equally delicious to taste. Make it for a simple home dinner or for entertaining guests; it will be received with equal delight in both situations. The best thing about this soup is that you can store it in the fridge in a jar to be reheated any time later.