Sausage, Tomato, and Pepper Soup. This easy tomato soup is thick with turkey sausage, cannellini beans, and pasta. It's sure to warm If you love sausage and tomatoes, you are going to love this combination I created for this recipe. Season with Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper.
Served on a hoagie roll or over pasta or polenta. What Kind of Sausage and Peppers to Use? This dish is typically made with a several different colors of bell peppers—usually one green, one red, and one. You can cook Sausage, Tomato, and Pepper Soup using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sausage, Tomato, and Pepper Soup
- It’s 1 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1/2 lb. of Mild Italian sausage, cut into 1/4" thick half moons.
- It’s 1/2 of small onion, diced.
- You need 1/2 of bell pepper, diced.
- It’s 1 (15 oz) of can fire roasted tomatoes, undrained.
- You need 4 cups of vegetable broth.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cayanne pepper.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1/2 cup of white rice, uncooked.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
Here's a satisfying soup for chilly nights. Hearty and chock full of flavor, it comes together in no time. Serve it with crusty bread to sop up every last bit. Stir in the spinach, and cook just until wilted.
Sausage, Tomato, and Pepper Soup step by step
- Add oil to 4-quart sauce pan over medium-high heat. When oil begins to smoke, add sausage and cook until brown. Turn down to medium heat, then add onion and bell pepper. Cook for 5-7 minutes, or until onions turn light brown..
- Add pepper, salt, garlic powder, and cayenne. Stir to combine. Add broth, tomatoes, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil..
- Reduce heat and add rice. Cover saucepan and cook until rice is plump and tender, about 15-20 minutes. Remove bay leaf. Season with salt and pepper to taste..
Season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve with the cheese and crusty bread, if you like. The traditional trio of Italian sausage, green and red peppers and onions are given rich flavor boosts in this ready to eat soup with the incorporation of tender rigatoni, diced tomatoes and Parmesan cheese. Campbell's® Chunky® Sausage & Pepper Rigatoni. You know, soups like this one. 😊. Actually, this Italian Sausage, Gnocchi and Tomato Soup is more of an end-of-summer recipe, since it features so many of the veggies that are still in season right now. (Think: bell peppers, carrots, onions, tomatoes, herbs, and either spinach or kale!) This Italian inspired Roasted Tomato Soup uses fresh tomatoes, onion & pepper simmered with sausage & spices to create a hearty dish that's full of flavor!