Tomato onion chutney. Onion Tomato Chutney – Easy Recipe with no tempering and with flavors of onions. Both the versions of tomato chutney taste good and go well with South Indian Snacks like Idli, Dosa, Vada or. Onion tomato chutney – Onion is one of the main ingredient used to bring in a mild sweet aroma and balance the tang from tomatoes.
Each state has a small variation to the recipe but in the end it is a recipe full of flavour and is pretty easy. The Tomato Onion chutney is my savior. We like Tomato Onion Chutney so much that I even use it as a spread for sandwiches. You can cook Tomato onion chutney using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tomato onion chutney
- It’s 1 of onion large chopped.
- Prepare 1 of Tomato large chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp of ginger.
- Prepare 1 tsp of fresh turmeric.
- Prepare 4 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1 tbsp of coconut grated.
- You need 1/4 tsp of chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of coriander leaves chopped.
- It’s 2 tsp of oil.
- It’s 1 of green chilli.
This tomato and onion chutney is not one. Chutney is an excellent accompaniment to Indian meals, plowman's lunches, sandwiches and any other savory dish you like to add a bit of sweetness. My mom's onion tomato chutney is also delicious but in its own way. Though I make it same as my mom in law, it turns out yummy but never the same.
Tomato onion chutney step by step
- heat oil in a pan.
- add chopped ginger, garlic, turmeric, and green chilli. if fresh turmeric is not available then use turmeric powder instead. Fry for a couple of minutes..
- add chopped onion and fry until translucent.
- add coconut and fry for a couple of minutes.
- add tomato and fry until soft.
- add salt to taste and chilli powder and fry for a minute.
- add chopped coriander leaves and mix well. turn off the heat.
- wait till it cools down, and grind in a blender until smooth..
- serve with hot idlis or dosas.
Aj calls this as 'Orange' chutney. Tomato Onion Chutney is one of the simplest and perfect accompaniment for Idli / Dosa. I have made a small variation by adding a pinch of fenugreek powder. onion tomato chutney is inspired from South Indian cuisine. Onion Tomato Chutney is a delicious spicy tangy South Indian chutney dip of onion, tomato, red chilies and coriander leaves. It is an integral part of south Indian breakfast to go along with dosa, idli.