corn okra and tomatoes. Okra and onions are fried with bacon, then simmered with canned tomatoes and corn in this delicious side dish that is especially good served with cornbread. I am posting it so I remember it when my okra and tomatoes are ready (I'll have to buy the corn!). Corn, okra, and diced tomatoes combine with creole spices to make a fresh, healthy, and flavorful dish.
Our okra and tomato combination is cooked in bacon drippings with onion, garlic, and corn. Now this recipe MUST to be canned in a Pressure Canner!! Cut onion into thin slices and cut corn from cob. You can cook corn okra and tomatoes using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of corn okra and tomatoes
- You need 1 quart of vine ripe tomatoes chopped.
- You need 4 quart of okra washed.
- Prepare 1 lb of frozen corn off cob.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of manischewitz concord grape wine.
- It’s 1 tsp of lawry's seasoned salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of granulated garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sugar.
Charring okra and corn in a cast-iron skillet brings high-summer cookout spirit to the classic Lowcountry vegetable trinity. Heat butter and oil in a skillet. Okra and Tomatoes, Roasted Corn, Pepper, and Tomato "Grilled" Soup, Okra with Tomatoes Salad, etc. Please contact us first if you have any problem with your order and we are very happy to Flavor: Tomatoes, Okra & CornVerified Purchase.
corn okra and tomatoes step by step
- cook in a pot tomatoes cut ends and stems off cut into medallions.
- add corn salt sugar spices cook for 7 mins stirring add wine cover reduce to simmer cook till okra is tender.
- its best to use fancy grade okra I used frozen vine riped tomatoes I put up earlier this year I cooked them a bit before freezing.
This is my favorite base mixture for soups! Add okra, corn, tomatoes and basil then bring to a boil. Like onions and garlic, and peas and corn, okra and tomatoes are probably the two vegetables that are the most made to go together. Throw in some sweet corn, maybe a little pork or shrimp and you've got yourself a whole meal. Always found on Cajun and southern tables, cooked down smothered okra.