Spicy Tomato Soup (Tomato Rasam). Tomato Rasam with step by step photos. This is an easy, tangy and tasty tomato rasam made without tamarind and rasam powder. This popular soupy dish is made in various ways in Regional Indian Cuisine and is known as tomato charu in Andhra Pradesh, tomato saaru in Karnataka and thakkali.
Tomato rasam is made fresh from scratch. Dice tomatoes into big chunks and boil them with little seasonings until soft. This Tomato Rasam Recipe Explains How To Make Tomato Rasam (Thakkali Rasam or Tomato Charu) at Home Using Freshly Ground In addition to being hot and spicy, Tomato Rasam also has a tangy flavor due to tomato. You can have Spicy Tomato Soup (Tomato Rasam) using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spicy Tomato Soup (Tomato Rasam)
- Prepare 3 of Tomato.
- Prepare 1 piece of Tamarind.
- You need 1 tbsp of Gingely Oil.
- Prepare 3 clove of Garlic.
- It’s 1 piece of Ginger.
- You need 2 of Small Shallots.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Black Pepper Powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Chilli Powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Coriander Powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Turmeric Powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Cumin Powder.
- You need 2 pinch of Asafoetida Powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of Chopped Coriander Leaves.
- Prepare of Hot Water.
- You need of Salt.
It is known as Tomato Charu in Tamilnadu and Thakkali Rasam in Kerala. Warm the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Indian Spiced Tomato Soup to clear your sinuses. Easy homemade Vegan Tomato Soup Clear your sinuses tomato soup to warm you up in fall.
Spicy Tomato Soup (Tomato Rasam) step by step
- Heat oil in a pan. Crush shallots, ginger & garlic. Add it to the oil. Saute..
- Add pepper powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder & cumin powder. Mix well..
- Chop the tomatoes into small pieces (you can also grind it). Add it to the pan. Close the lid & cook the tomatoes..
- Add some salt & hot water. Taste the mix. If it's not sour enough, crush the tamarind in little water, filter & add it to the mixture. Else skip this step..
- Add asafoetida powder. Mix & boil..
- Add the chopped coriander leaves into it. Stir & boil for two minutes. Turn off the stove..
Easy homemade vegan tomato soup seasoned Trying to find a spicy tomatosoup since I'm addicted to peppers. Thought let's google a recipe in. A tangy soup that is aromatic and spicy. Tomatoes introduce tartness to the soup, while blended carrots add thickness, making it a filling meal. It is perfect if you want something light and tickles your taste buds- the spicy tomato soup, is thoroughly enjoyable!