Stewed chicken in tomatoes. Taste Delicious, Italian-Inspired Dinner Recipes From Classico. Cut chicken breast halves in half again. Mix flour, salt and pepper together in a plastic bag.
Brown on both sides, adding more butter if needed. Add stewed tomatoes, oregano and basil. Pat chicken dry with a paper towel, then rub with paprika and ½ tsp each salt and pepper. You can have Stewed chicken in tomatoes using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Stewed chicken in tomatoes
- You need 28 oz of crushed tomatoes.
- You need 14 oz of diced tomatoes.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of marjoram.
- You need 1 tsp of chopped parsley.
- Prepare 1 tsp of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s 1/4 cup of dehydrated onion.
- It’s 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- You need 2 cup of extra sharp cheese shredded.
- Prepare 6 large of chicken thighs, boneless and skinless.
Remove chicken and drain off excess grease, leaving a tablespoon or two. Add chopped onion, green pepper, and minced garlic to hot skillet; sauté until onion is tender. I used chicken thighs for this recipe because that is what I had on hand, but it worked out really well because they became so tender but still had that perfect crispy skin. Mix water, tomato paste, paprika, cinnamon, turmeric, salt, pepper and saffron together in a bowl; pour over chicken.
Stewed chicken in tomatoes instructions
- Preheat oven 425° Fahrenheit.
- To a deep oven proof pan, add chicken thighs. Add half the salt and all the spices to top of thighs. ..
- Mix the cheese, crushed tomatoes, rest of salt, and diced tomatoes. Mix well..
- Add the tomato, cheese mixture to top of thighs. Add onions to top of tomato mixture. Then add shredded cheese on top of the entire mixture. Bake one hour. Let rest 5 minutes..
- Serve hope you enjoy!.
Add more water if chicken isn't completely covered in liquid. Add the diced tomatoes, red pepper flakes, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Return the chicken to the pan and nestle in the tomato sauce. Stir in the garlic and cilantro, then serve hot. The smart cooking sidekick that learns what you like and customizes the experience to your personal tastes, nutritional needs, skill level, and more.