Beef Croquettes in Tomato Gravy. Whilst croquettes are baking, prepare gravy. Heat oil in deep fry pan, add onions and fry until soft. Add tomatoes and fill the can with water, add to tomatoes and add salt Serve with mash or scalloped tomatoes and greens.
Tender and juicy, lots of flavor; this recipe. Beef with tomato puree and other ingredients. For preparing beef in tomato gravy, heat oil in a pressure cooker and saute onions till it becomes transparent on low flame. You can cook Beef Croquettes in Tomato Gravy using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef Croquettes in Tomato Gravy
- You need 1 lb of ground beef (or turkey).
- You need 3/4 cup of breadcrumbs.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1 (15 oz) of can petite diced tomatoes – drained, liquid reserved.
- Prepare 1 can of condensed tomato soup.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 1 tsp of chicken boullion granules.
These yummy Japanese croquettes combine ground beef with mashed potatoes and onions; formed into patties, they are coated with panko and deep fried to a golden brown. Flavorful Beef Tips & Gravy, rich beef gravy with chunks of beef and mushrooms, served over fluffy mashed potatoes. This Beef Tips & Gravy Meal is one that my family loves. It's delicious, easy to prepare and cost effective, too.
Beef Croquettes in Tomato Gravy instructions
- In a small bowl wisk together the liquid from the tomatoes, tomato soup, water, and chicken boullion..
- Place the first 8 ingredients listed, 3 tbs of the liquid mixture, and half the diced tomatoes in a large bowl. Stir remaining tomatoes into liquid mixture, set aside..
- Mix ingredients in the large bowl by hand until well blended. Shape into 6 equal croquettes (think mini meatloaf)..
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 2 tbs olive oil, swirl to coat. Arrange croquettes in skillet evenly spaced. Cook about 2 minutes per side, just until nicely browned but not cooked through..
- Pour tomato mixture evenly over croquettes. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium low. Cover. Allow to gently simmer untouched 15 minutes..
- If you wish to thicken the tomato gravy before serving remove lid, increase heat back to medium and vigorously simmer about 5 minutes more, gently spooning gravy over croquettes to coat. Serve with mashed potatoes and fresh veggies. Enjoy!.
Serve slices with a bit of the tomato gravy spooned over the top. Cook's Notes: This works best with an extra lean ground beef, so don't be tempted to try a higher fat ground beef because it just won't hold together for the searing process. Roman Beef Croquettes (Polpette di Bollito). Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, these fried croquettes made with braised beef make great party appetizers. When the croquettes go into the fryer the whole house takes on the smell that hers did when she used to make these, and it instantly takes me back, and every time I bite into one for the first time on a Christmas afternoon with my family.