Fried Green Tomato BLT Sandwiches & Sliders. No sweeter words have ever been spoken. A classic BLT sandwich with Southern Fried Green Tomato slices, drizzled with a tangy homemade remoulade sauce. Served on toasted white bread with savory bacon, fresh lettuce and tomato.
Fried green tomatoes and a bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich become an epic Fried Green Tomato BLT. Topped with Cajun mayo spread, this will become your new favorite sandwich recipe! When I first moved to Seattle, someone told me that I would never be able to grow tomatoes. You can have Fried Green Tomato BLT Sandwiches & Sliders using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fried Green Tomato BLT Sandwiches & Sliders
- It’s 2 of large green tomatoes.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- It’s 2 cups of bread crumbs, flour, or desired coating for frying.
- Prepare strips of Cooked bacon.
- Prepare of Fresh lettuce, spinach, or desired crisper veggie for sandwich.
- It’s of Bread slices (lightly toasted).
- You need of Mini slider buns (lightly toasted).
- It’s of Dried chopped onion.
- You need of Sea salt.
- You need of Garlic powder.
- You need of Black pepper (ground).
- It’s of Seasoning Salt.
- It’s of Miracle Whip or Mayonnaise.
- Prepare of Optional Ingredients:.
- You need 1/2 cup of grated parmesan.
- You need 1 of medium red onion.
- You need slices of Swiss cheese.
This is one of my favorite quick-fix suppers. In a shallow dish, combine flour and seasonings; dip tomatoes in the mixture and set aside. Fried green tomatoes are one of our all-time favorite summertime indulgences! This sandwich really shows off the tomatoes' flavor by using light panko bread crumbs as a coating.
Fried Green Tomato BLT Sandwiches & Sliders step by step
- Begin to heat grease for deep frying in deep pot or pan, deep fryer, or crockpot. Meanwhile, in small to medium sized bowl combine bread crumbs, seasonings, chopped onion, (and grated parmesan if desired) and Mix well. In separate small bowl crack and mix up eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper to prepare for breading. Wash tomatoes (and red onion if frying that also) and slice into half inch thick slices..
- Dip veggies, one at a time, first into egg mixture and flip a few times until completely coated. Next, immediately plunge the egg covered veggie in the breading mixture and cover completely. Then drop into frying oil right away. Fry until golden brown..
- Place deep fried veggies on a paper towel layered plate or tray to let the grease drain and begin to rinse lettuce and grab any other toppings you desire (such as swiss cheese! 😉).
- Add Miracle Whip or Mayonnaise to Toasted Bread and stack Your Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomatoes! Here you can also add your swiss cheese and sweet onion rings as extra add-ons to your BLT sandwich or you can enjoy them as an onion rings side dish! Or Both!.
- I also had some mini slider buns so I made them up for the kiddos! Even my picky child that doesn't like tomatoes scarfed these down and asked me to make them again! These were delicious!.
How to Make Fried Green Tomato BLT Sandwich. Sprinkle tomatoes with hot sauce (if desired). Dip tomato in egg, then dredge in cornmeal. Layer tomato, bacon, lettuce on toasted bread. Since those days past, the simple BLT sandwich has always been a source of comfort to me.