Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken. Sweet, savory and a little spicy, this easy Asian inspired Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken has a balance of flavor combinations. Simply throw everything in the crockpot and you're set for a family-friendly meal – it doesn't get easier than that! There's just one tedious part shredding the chicken.
And this honey sesame sauce does exactly that, the chicken comes out moist and tender and not dried out at all. I owe my mom for finding this recipe for me! I have been so busy back and forth from the hospital that she has been such a help in having dinner ready for me when I go home to feed my baby. You can cook Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken
- It’s of Crock Pot Chicken.
- It’s 6 of boneless, skinless chicken thighs or 4 breasts (2 lbs).
- It’s 1 dash of salt and pepper to taste.
- You need 2 clove of garlic minced.
- You need 1 cup of honey.
- You need 1/4 cup of ketchup.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of low sodium soy sauce.
- You need 1/2 cup of diced onion.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of vegetable oil or olive oil.
- You need 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- It’s 4 tsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of water.
- You need 2 packages of instant rice (optional).
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of sesame seeds (or more).
- You need 3 large of green onions or scallions.
She made this for dinner, and I kid you not, every single person in my family LOVED it! And I mean everyone… Remove chicken from crock pot, but reserve sauce in the pot. Shred chicken into bite size pieces. Serve chicken over cooked rice and spoon some sauce on top.
Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken instructions
- Place chicken in crock pot and lightly season both sides with salt and pepper.
- In medium bowl, combine onion, garlic, honey, ketchup, soy sauce, oil, and red pepper flakes. Pour over chicken. Cook on low 3-4 hours low or 2 hours on high..
- Remove chicken to cutting board, leaving sauce. Shred chicken into bite-size pieces. Set aside..
- Prepare rice according to instructions on package..
- In small bowl, dissolve 4 teaspoons cornstarch in 1/3 cup water and add to crock pot sauce. Stir in to combine with sauce. Cover and cook in crock pot on high for ten more minutes, or until slightly thickened..
- Add cooked rice to four plates, top with chicken and spoon sauce over the top. Sprinkle evenly with sesame seeds and green onions/scallions..
Sprinkle with sesame seeds and chopped scallions. Place chicken in Crock Pot and lightly season both sides with salt and pepper. Sprinkle evenly with sesame seeds and chopped scallions. This Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken is amazing! One of my favorite slow cooker recipes.