slow-cooker chicken tortilla soup. All Reviews for Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup. Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. This chicken soup is the easiest way to warm up.
This easy Chicken Tortilla Soup comes together right in your slow cooker. Just sprinkle on some chili powder and cumin, add an onion, bell pepper, tomato The site may earn a commission on some products. It's my favorite kind of slow cooker recipe in that it. You can cook slow-cooker chicken tortilla soup using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of slow-cooker chicken tortilla soup
- It’s 1 of onion.
- Prepare 4 of chicken breast (frozen).
- It’s 2 clove of garlic (minced).
- Prepare 2 can of chopped mild green chile peppers (4oz).
- You need 1 can of diced tomatoes (15oz).
- You need 1 can of mild red enchillada sauce (15oz).
- You need 1 tsp of each cumin, chili powder, salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 1 packages of frozen corn (10oz).
- You need 1 bunch of cilantro (chopped).
- Prepare 1 of lime wedges, shredded Parmesan cheese, sour cream, avocado slices, tortilla chips for serving.
This slow cooker chicken tortilla soup recipe is filled with chicken, beans and veggies, all finished off with tortilla strips and a variety of toppings. The perfect hearty meal for a cold night! Like most slow cooker recipes, this Chicken Tortilla Soup is ridiculously easy and very forgiving, so it's a great meal to prepare when you know you can't give your full attention to the stove. If it goes a little longer than the prescribed cook time, it's all good.
slow-cooker chicken tortilla soup step by step
- place the chopped onion in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Layer the frozen chicken breast on top.
- Add the diced tomatoes and their juice, green chiles, enchilada sauce, garlic, chicken broth, spices, and bay leaf.
- cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- remove bay leaf.
- remove chicken to a plate and shred with two forks. Return to slow cooker..
- Stir in corn, and continue to heat until corn is hot.
- Add a handful of chopped cilantro.
- serve with a squeeze of fresh lime juice, shredded parmesan cheese, sour cream, avocado and tortilla chips for satisfying meal in a bowl.
I had made a slow cooker version of my favorite Rick Bayless-inspired tortilla soup a few weeks ago that turned out well. But there's something about a big pot of soup simmering in the kitchen for hours and hours, and filling the house with the most delicious smells, that is just the best. This Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup is a staple recipe! This easy-prep chicken tortilla soup recipe simmers for hours, allowing you to serve up café-quality bowls of homemade soup at the end of the day. Yes, you can make slow cooker chicken tortilla soup healthy!